Blacktail Deer Plateau 'why' is a crooked letter and can't be made straight
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
how was it that her decision could have nothing to do with him and yet it affected him so much? how could she say things in that way, knowing that they were not entirely truthful? surely, she understood how it must have sounded to him... but she seemed dismissive of anything that he really had to say about her admittance. whether or not he was really a boy anymore was beside the point. if she were going to speak to him as though he was still a child, well, maybe she did not understand just how much he had grown.

“you speak as though it's something i'm unable to understand,” the young man spoke carefully, drawing his crown upward and meeting her gaze with the sharp yellow of his own. “if it has nothing to do with me, then why does it affect me so?” illidan then demanded of her, drawing his chin upward so that he was looking down the length of his dark muzzle toward her features. in that moment, he looked very much like his father's son – defiant and wild – but he would never have known such things.

when she cast him aside and spoke of their relationship, he felt his lip curl and his eyes spark with anger. it was the way that a parent spoke to their child, he could tell as much, but she threw away that bond before he had a chance to comment on it. the way that it was spoken was cold, and he felt his frame stiffen beneath the weight of what she was implying.

'i am not your mother...'

“only when it is convenient for you,” he growled in response.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 'why' is a crooked letter and can't be made straight - by Illidan - December 06, 2018, 06:47 PM