Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
328 Posts
Ooc —
From the cliffside where Mallaidh, Blixen and Opalia dropped their shrieking enemy to the ground, a wild-eyed Ephraim was running as fast as his legs could carry him. The nagging pain in his neck where Eurycrates had torn into him threatened to send him to his knees once or twice. Somehow, he kept his feet, though he no longer felt in control of his own body. Lightning illuminated the dark forest in front of him; for a second he thought every shadow was a leering wolf and his heart lodged in his throat. So many enemies. But they were just trees, after all.

It took time to get there, but the distance was relatively short and now there were wolves ahead; the sound of snarling and clashing teeth warned Ephraim before he arrived. He screeched to a halt at the edge of the scene for a split second, attempting to take it all in, but all this did was collapse his psyche even more. Despite wanting to be a tactician and despite imagining all kinds of scenarios just like this where he emerged a strategic hero, Ephraim didn't have the maturity or experience yet to be able to keep his head in all the chaos. There was blood-smell everywhere and his head was spinning and he couldn't make any sense of what he was seeing. He was scared shitless, and lurched into a panic-stricken run toward the only wolf whose face he could even recognize: Heda

He zoned in on just her, or tried to, but a flurry of movement in his periphery caught his attention instead. A cream puff of a juvenile wolf and a cinnamon-shot woman, headed toward a silver bullet and someone that looked a lot like Etoille (but was actually Silkie). With an awful cry that combined the petrified fear of a child facing the reality of violence with the fury of seeing his pack threatened, Ephraim streaked across the battlefield with his sights set on @Svalinn's left hind leg, blind to both Etoille and Easy also advancing. He intended to rive that leg and reduce it to a bloody pulp, and so madly intent was he on this wild, frenzied charge that his saliva began to froth in his mouth.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Ephraim - December 26, 2018, 11:29 PM