Otatso Wetlands bippity boppity
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The first screeched accusation paved the way for others. Bazi felt a prickling along her spine, like a queue of a thousand tiny, impatient feet. Physical and mental exhaustion was the only thing that kept her from laying into Fox without giving her a chance to explain herself. She contented herself with glowering instead, eyes occasionally flickering in Peregrine's direction - he maintained a respectful silence, letting the girls hash out their problems without interruption.

"I lost myself."

"We can beat them, Bazi."

Bazi's tail twitched. For a long time, she didn't answer - only sighed, turning her delicate head away from the two pairs of eyes in front of her to mull things over in peace. We can beat them, Bazi. But why? Was it worth sending Njal and Scimitar into battle to risk their lives for a principle - when there were pups to think about? Did she want to come face-to-face with Jace in battle? What would Ferdie do with their captives? Even if they retrieved the two Swiftcurrent wolves, that expedition would come at a cost - and there would still be a war to fight after that. The very thought of planning a large-scale encounter filled Bazi with the same pre-preemptive exhaustion that an auditor feels just before the financial year end.

When she turned back to the two wolves, she looked at Peregrine first. In her time of need, it was this wolf that Fox had run to. Not to her Beta, not to Scimitar - not to Razo. "No," was the eventual response when her gaze returned to Fox. The northerner's voice was gentle, a little sad. It wasn't very specific - no, we won't fight? Or no, I won't tell Ferdie that you're missing? "Why did you run to ... him, and not me?" Peregrine hadn't introduced himself; this was no social occasion.
Messages In This Thread
bippity boppity - by RIP Fox - July 22, 2014, 07:19 AM
RE: bippity boppity - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 22, 2014, 02:50 PM
RE: bippity boppity - by RIP Fox - July 22, 2014, 04:44 PM
RE: bippity boppity - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 22, 2014, 05:06 PM
RE: bippity boppity - by Bazi - July 23, 2014, 02:01 AM
RE: bippity boppity - by RIP Fox - July 23, 2014, 07:15 AM
RE: bippity boppity - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 23, 2014, 09:18 AM
RE: bippity boppity - by Bazi - July 25, 2014, 03:15 PM
RE: bippity boppity - by RIP Fox - July 25, 2014, 04:11 PM
RE: bippity boppity - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 25, 2014, 05:49 PM
RE: bippity boppity - by Bazi - July 26, 2014, 03:54 AM