Dragoncrest Cliffs Can't stop myself falling
328 Posts
Ooc —
Vercingetorix's arrival was a shock in and of itself, but seeing his throat laid bare made Ephraim's eyes widen and his fur stood on end in fright. He remained where he was, only tilting his head to regard the Cheka quietly. As badly as he wanted to ask what in blazes happened to him, Ephraim wasn't exactly keen on whatever lecture Verx had for him. Blixen's visit had been quite enough for him.

Ephraim knew nothing at all about what had happened between Vercingetorix and Caiaphas; no one saw fit to really keep him in the loop, since he was just Branwoda and being held against his will. So he was surprised that it was Rusalka who did this to Cheka, but also not as surprised as he ought to have been. He'd known something would happen again. These were marauding wolves who had sent one of their own up the cliffs to die so they could sneak into the territory while the resident pack was occupied. He didn't see what they'd done as an attempted rescue mission. He saw it as an attempt to weaken Drageda, and he couldn't for a second believe they wouldn't try again.

He desperately wanted to say "I told you so", wanted to parade his logic in front of Vercingetorix and ask what they were going to do now, but he was stopped by the man's announcement. Instead his lips turned downward, a harsh laugh bubbled to his lips and, glowering, he said, how very wonderful for you, because of course Vercingetorix was allowed to leave whenever he wanted to without being treated like a criminal, just like all the other born kru and blood relatives were.
Messages In This Thread
Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 23, 2019, 08:14 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 23, 2019, 09:54 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 24, 2019, 01:50 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 24, 2019, 09:34 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 09:50 AM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 25, 2019, 03:53 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Can't stop myself falling - by Vercingetorix - March 29, 2019, 11:40 PM