Fox's Glade When you were lonely, you needed a man.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The girl seemed perplexed, which made Ibis wonder if she'd said something wrong -- but then things were clarified, sort-of, and she couldn't help but smile. It was always fun to show off her own knowledge, and especially if it meant that a new friend would learn something new! What a precious little cinnamon roll. It was, admittedly, surprising to think that this girl only knew flowers as pretty; that wasn't wrong exactly, but they had so many uses! Did she not have a mother that could teach her these things? Oh, but Ibis would never ask such a question, that would be rude.

Oh! Well, some flowers are very pretty but also very scary, she explained, looking around quickly - but she couldn't see anything that met that description so, she had to give up on the search and conclude her explanation: Others grow big and and super colorful, but when chewed on they could make you sleepy! Or -- different parts can do different things. Sometimes the seeds, or the roots, or the petals, all do different things! Her tail wagged at her hocks as she continued to investigate the soil, but there wasn't much growing here.

The flower that the dark girl had found was very pretty, she had to admit. But it wasn't one she was familiar with. Once, I picked up a leaf and it made my tongue puff up and I couldn't talk! It was scary but, one of the adults at my pack helped me. Its good to be careful. She licked her lips, remembering the burn of the big leafy green thing and the allergic reaction she'd had to the contact; if her warning helped to steer Eilonwy away from such dangers, then she'd be content enough with that!
Messages In This Thread
RE: When you were lonely, you needed a man. - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 22, 2019, 03:45 PM