Wheeling Gull Isle xxii. when the past ain't been that friendly to you but there's magick in that
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His tension clung to his muscles as she started to tell him what all had transpired between her and Rosencrantz, only growing as she continued to explain things. It was hard for him to imagine the other man stepping into help her when he already felt guilty that he hadn't been there to do it himself, as selfish as that might be. 

And, hearing that she thought he had regretted coming here was too much to bear; he had thought of nothing other than being reunited with her for the entirety of their time apart. His gaze finally lifted from the water to rest on her face, his expression unreadable. Guilt settled painfully in his chest as she described how she had felt the need to keep an eye out for a mate other than him after their awkward reunion. 

By the time she finished speaking, he didn't even care about the stupid former tactician anymore (although, he would definitely still go for his throat if he ever saw the bastard again); he only wanted to soothe her uncertainty and hurt, afraid his moment of weakness might have added to it.

He quietly got to his feet and closed the distance between them, nuzzling her cheek as he settled back down next to her. My love, he murmured. Please don't take my jealousy to mean that I hold any of this against you. He only held one wolf responsible for this. For me, it has always been you, as well, and I am sorry if I have given you any reason to doubt that. Daeg nuzzled her cheek again after he finished. He didn't want her to ever doubt his feelings for her again.
Common || Lirean