Emberwood you always were
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The way that Bhediya's face shifted with its emotions.. She looked so still, usually. Like a freshwater lake when the days were clear and bright. But now as Ibis watched, the woman looked as if she went through a flurry of different emotions: pain chief among them, loss, nostalgia maybe. Ibis felt bad for bringing up the past when it was clear Bhe was trying to work through it; those still waters ran deep, but now there was a ripple, a disturbance caused by the girl's questions.

Arushi. I remember her being like you, which was flattering, and made Ibis smile faintly, even lift her nervous eyes to Bhediya's face. No, being shy wouldn't get her answers. Ibis didn't really know what she was asking about but, now the conversation had begun and it would be weird to cut it short with Bhediya willing to talk about this stuff. It was like confronting her own mothers about it—something Ibis wished she could do, desperately.

I used to want kids. She finally explains. Not seriously, at least I don't think so. But I do like kids, and I always found them to be charming — I helped care for some of them when I lived in the Lost Creek pack, and thinking of her step-siblings made her smile a bit brighter; Ashlar, even Sionnac. Someone asked me if I was planning to... Become a mother, and I was surprised. Except she knew she could do it — it was more a matter of when, and if the circumstances were right.

I always thought... I dunno, maybe it sounds stupid, but... Those deserving of family were blessed somehow with it. She was speaking from her heart and not really thinking about how it sounded; harsh maybe, considering how lonely Bhediya appeared. I don't know if I deserve that. Which sounded grim, sure, but before Bhe could counter that point Ibis rushed ahead: Its hard enough keeping everyone together, fed, and happy right now.
Messages In This Thread
you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 07:27 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 07:56 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 08:31 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 08:42 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 08:53 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 09:37 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 10:00 PM