Emberwood you always were
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
As always, the mother knew her stuff. She was a voice of reason who could temper Ibis' doubts. It wasn't even that Ibis had high standards for herself — she didn't know what she wanted out of life, and without her family around her to help her, she was lost. What she wanted was her brother back, her mothers back, her parents together... But everything she wanted was vastly out of reach, and in knowing this the girl had to change her expectations. When the woman turned the question back on her (Why don't you think you deserve it?) Ibis slowed her stride and had to pause, making herself consider the question.

It isn't... I guess deserve is the wrong word. Everyone deserves a loving family. I had that. A long breath, a deep sigh. When it felt like home wasn't working, I went somewhere else and tried something new. She thought of Terance and the Hollow, but it had never really been home. I'm afraid that something could happen, maybe? That I could try and build something real but have it blow up in my face. Ibis lightly shakes her head as she concludes this thought.

I used to dream about meeting a knight in shining armour, you know? Like in the stories. I'd be a princess, and then they would come and charm me. We'd rescue a kingdom together or something... Fall in love. Kids were never part of the equation but, I mean, I was a kid myself. It all seemed so out-of-place now that she was older. Ibis thought of the pale boy in the moonlight suddenly; the vision of the nameless boy transformed in to Marten and brought her thoughts around full circle. I wonder though... As the leader of our little family, if that's what this is, um... Is that what they all expect of me? Is that what you want me to do?
Messages In This Thread
you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 07:27 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 07:56 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 08:31 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 08:42 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 08:53 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 09:13 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: you always were - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 05, 2019, 09:37 PM
RE: you always were - by Bhediya - December 05, 2019, 10:00 PM