Home
Lurker
22 Posts
Ooc — Noire
Write me into a corner...? I'm down with that; I love reading your posts. 83 The thread might be coming to a close, though...Unless Goldry wants to speak about something, of course.

No trust could be gained without trust in turn. It was as simple as that. Vehiron could understand Goldry's diffidence, but he must face everyone with hesitancy. It was an unfortunate venue of life, one in which he was well versed in. Honestly, his haste to make brand-new allies stemmed from the loss of his old cronies. Their treachery left him with nihility. That nothingness gaped and pulsed like an abscessed wound, and that wound birthed a seedling. It was a seedling of dubiety betwixt the two of them, but it was those assholes doing, not Goldry's. Trust is like a mirror. Once its broken, the cracks are still visible. Vehiron was trying to mend those cracks by meeting other wolves, but it was...difficult. Harder than he was letting on.
           Goldry's emotions brewed artlessly, and that's what drew Vehiron in. The man did not keep down his feelings in order to seem distant, or to put up a facade that would only push him (and others) away. Even when he saw an inkling of pity (or was it suspicion?), Vehiron did not take it personally because this was thin ice they were treading on here. Why would he blow up in Goldry's face about conveying an emotion that was genuine? He would much rather see commiseration than impassivity, or worse yet: no emotion at all.
           “Yeah, I know,” he abjectly whispered with a tiny grin. “Bad habit.
           He was not expecting Goldry to take up the torch. Surprise colored his features, but he listened to what the man had to say without interruption. Vehiron would have respected his reticence, but he went on about how he broke off from his pack in order to start his own family, only to relocate because his native land was no place for growing minors. Humans plagued his homeland...or maybe they were gone now? Nevertheless, it was reason enough to get the hell out of dodge. Nothing good ever came of humans.
            “Then may your future be filled with repose.” Had he an ale, he would have lifted it to toast. Instead, he would have to settle with a sharp nod of his head. Silence settled between them as if a storm had passed. Vehiron made no attempt to converse further, complacent to watch the sun ascending in the east with his pack mate.
Messages In This Thread
Home - by Goldry - September 27, 2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Home - by Vehiron - September 27, 2013, 11:38 AM
RE: Home - by Goldry - September 27, 2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Home - by Vehiron - September 29, 2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Home - by Goldry - September 30, 2013, 10:08 AM
RE: Home - by Vehiron - October 03, 2013, 01:22 AM
RE: Home - by Goldry - October 03, 2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Home - by Vehiron - October 05, 2013, 10:28 PM
RE: Home - by Goldry - October 06, 2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Home - by Vehiron - October 08, 2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Home - by Goldry - October 09, 2013, 09:38 PM