Firefly Glen but when i go to sleep at night, don't you call my name
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
the yearling turned slowly around as if he was expecting baba yaga to manifest before his eyes, hackles lifted and trembling in the breeze like javelins in the white-knuckled hands of vanguard enfants perdus​ on an open field. her lip twitched upwards into a modest smirk; if she could she would have checked her wrist-watch for the time. at the rate he was moving, she just might have time to grab some light refreshments. 

when his anzac gaze, still seemingly expecting her to transmogrify into some manner of grotesquerie, finally regarded her, tiercel remained sessile, though her eyes tracked his perusal of her grisly aspect. "not what you were expecting? not enough eyeballs, too few legs? i do hate to disappoint." she sulked, shifting airily on her feet.

her simple survey of him was that he was a scared boy with an imagination much too ferine for his own welfare and she was concerned he was in actual fact at the risk of cardiac arrest if a firefly illumed too close to his face. 

his question and observation both fished a smile out of her features. she inspected her legs for a moment, considering the violence writ upon her. "i was, once," she confirmed absentmindedly, then let her leg down and met his gaze coolly. "and then someone else was."  

the woman was too intrigued by his first question to elaborate, however, and looked positively charmed by it. "scared of ... what, you?" and made a point to cast her eyes about their environs, "of the trees, the wind? our palpable chemistry, i take it?" jesting. she lifted a foot off the ground and looked upon it with disgust. "scared of whoever left the embarassment of piss surrounding this little clearing to declare regnancy of the sun bugs?" tiercel wicked away any moisture from her paw, pulling a wry face. 

"no, no, no, no, and ... no. did i miss one?" she remarked blandly.

thinking for a moment, she lifted her muzzle to the sky, then leveled it back to the boy. "i'm not terribly fond of moose. to be completely fair, they don't seem too partial to my company either, so no love lost." a wan smile. 

she was curious about one thing, and stood to walk a few metres closer to the yearling. "why was that your first question i wonder, hmm?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: but when i go to sleep at night, don't you call my name - by Tiercel - June 15, 2020, 12:05 PM