Firefly Glen but when i go to sleep at night, don't you call my name
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
her words clearly put the fear of god in his rectum (damn near killed him!) because riley turned over and skyed over the grasses, panic trebled to an extent where he was behaving like a brainsick steer, bashing his face against any and all foliage it could come in contact with as he beelined for the trees with thicker boles. 

calmly she watched it all unfold, clapping funeral-pyre eyes on the nails on her toes to while the time away as he spindled himself to the end of his mental filament. she inspected each claw with pursed lips, still waiting for him to remember his instilled social praxes, though she'd long doubted his parents were the cerebral sort at all if this is what their coupling quickened. "who are you to be making demands of me, sir?" she asked in a clipped tone, bearing her brows aloft in a manner of the very idea ... ! without speaking it.

it took all kinds to make a world she supposed.

she was bored of her own games, now, anyhow, and riley had ditched into the grass with fatigue. gathering up her skirts, esmé sauntered to his heaving side and loomed over him, meticulously looking over his reddened, scratched-up face.

of course, there had never been any ticks, but why ruin her credibility? for his slithering around in the grass like the lochness monster of peepee glade, she had to seek some redress. no harm had come to the boy; perhaps some psychological scrape, but nothing a paw patrol bandaid couldn't fix. 

"mmm. never doubt your aptitude, boy. you've got them all. i don't see a ... single ... tick." she pulled back and sat on her haunches, sighing and throwing her gaze skyward. "no more monsters, thank the stars." she glanced back down. "secretly, i feared for you. truly, i did. i was on my way to help, but you bravely took it upon yourself." 

"regrettably, however, now i must be on my way." she said, frowning, despite well knowing he probably did not regret her impending departure even a little bit. alas, she could not use the moon to shroud her shoulders for much longer. it would be daybreak in the twinkling of an eye and she did not want to be exposed when that moment came, dahlia in her evening raiment.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but when i go to sleep at night, don't you call my name - by Tiercel - July 14, 2020, 06:57 PM