Kildeer Rest He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord
4 Posts
Ooc — Hawke
"I have not. I only arrived to these wilds recently as well, I'm afraid there is not much for me to tell about it."

Astral blinks. Well, shit. "Oh."  She has never been good at conversation, and now this shewolf has nothing to offer her, she feels the need to leave, maybe turn on her heel and walk off like this had never happened. Instead, she looks back at the other woman, and though she doesn't seem uninterested in Astral, there is gaurdedness there. The kind that comes from who might feel they are in danger.

Astral forces herself not to scoff, irritation bubbling under her skin.  She's never shied away from conflict but never has she been stupid enough to incite violence unless it was to protect her own interests, and she had no interest in it today.  "I'm not going to hurt you. And I wasn't stalking you either, I just-" she pauses, trying to think of how best to explain what she had been doing, knowing her voice was transparent in what she was feeling, "... didn't want to be seen."

It didn't really help her cause much, her awkwardness the culmination of not wanting to give away too much information and simply having not conversed with many of her own kind before. Besides her family whom she had argued with almost constantly, most interactions she had had in the past never went beyond 'no I will not give you what I have, it's mine'.  Still she felt like she was waiting to be dismissed or written off, or chased away if this other girl so chose, if that didn't invite the temper that lay underneith Astral's skin. 

She didn't think being on her own would be this difficult. She knew she could survive well enough on her own, she'd been finding her own meals since she could hunt, ever unwilling to spend any more time with her mother and spoiled brother than she had had to. Still she kind of missed being around others, the few rare moments when her brother actually acted like her littermate instead of a bully some of her favorites to look back on. Dynamics in a family start off young, and they had never been regarded equally, her brother knew that and used that when he could. Especially when he was upset with her, which happened more fequently as they grew older.

"So.. It is common for wolves to be alone here? I smelled a pack-  but you don't smell like them."  If that is the case, then Astral might do fine in these lands. If wolves without family units aren't preyed upon chances are she wouldn't be seen as a threat to others if she didn't stick her nose where it didn't belong. That's really all she cared for.
Messages In This Thread
RE: He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord - by Astral - July 23, 2020, 01:29 PM