Neverwinter Forest i really miss those days.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
It would've been easier to keep spitting cruel accusations at him if he'd gotten angry in return: flared up himself, shouted back or furrowed his brows in the same pissed-off manner that she did. Instead he was hurt. Watching him shrink and say her name was like a knife of guilt straight to her gut, and her gaze fell, failing to look at him even as the fur stood along her spine. She listened silently with ears that tilted towards him even as she stared down at her paws. It was definitely her fault for not telling the kids about Mal. But how could she have explained it? Yeah, you have a dad but he lives far away with his other kids and the mothers of his other kids. If she had started with that message early, it probably wouldn't have been hard to understand- but it was burned in Huā's brain that this arrangement was unusual, abnormal, taboo- and was better to be shoved under a rug than displayed proudly. Wouldn't her mother have been ashamed of her, raising those four bastards and allowing herself to be the mistress? 

The siren wanted to hold her energy for a moment longer, to stay angry- because how often did she get to yell and let it all out? But his expression made it hard, and all the spiking of her fur that resulted from her feelings was soon shrinking back down, even as her brows remained knotted. Mal, She returned, still looking down. I- I- I'm sorry. For hiding him from their children. For being cruel to him and having unclear expectations. For being selfish and jealous. I... I did not know how to tell them who you were! You were far away, and- and- And her voice broke, and she hung her head. It was too compli-cated. And- you choose your other children, and your concubines, over me and our children every day you stay here with them! If it was so easy, I would want you to marry me, and let us become a proper family! But you- how can you make me happy? She cried, It would make me happy to be your wife. But you took too many lovers, and now I do not think that reality is possible. Because no matter where you go, you will leave a piece of your family behind. She whined, and looked up to him finally with wet eyes.
Messages In This Thread
i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 06, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 07, 2020, 12:03 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 24, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 25, 2020, 01:29 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 11:05 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 11:49 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 08, 2020, 12:33 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 14, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 14, 2020, 07:15 PM