Neverwinter Forest i really miss those days.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Months ago? You told me to call it a sacrifice, something planned. She shook her head, tears starting to flow from the corners of her eyes- You offered me your help, vaguely as that. Nothing more! What have you not taken off the table? Do not lie to me and tell me you said more! Was he going to pretend he had offered her his hand paw in marriage? Huā sighed, frustrated; just because he had thought of something did not mean he had spoken it aloud. If only he had done so back then: their relationship might not have ever come to the risky, unstable point it was at in this moment. 

He talked about the month they'd had together- that month which could've been the perfect chance to figure everything out. Instead people went missing, were kidnapped or died, and there had been little time to talk about them, and where they stood. Here Huā gave only the slightest dip of her chin into a nod- a small agreement in spite of her upset with him. When he talked about her acting odd, her brows knitted in confusion. What had been odd to him- her avoidance of affection, that was- had been subtlety to her, modesty. Back home that kind of carefulness was good, especially when it had been in the presence of Cupid- because Mal was a bachelor with unclear relations to each of his co-parents in her eyes, and never did she wish to be too physically affectionate to someone who was not single. And in private, when she did not have to fear the gazes of judgemental other women, she had tried to be close to him, and showed him how she cared. But perhaps the signs had not been clear enough. It still would've been nice if she could explain more about her culture to him, at least the one she'd grown up with. It still influenced her actions to this day. 

At his last few phrases she looked away from him, even turning her head to shield him from the sight of her steadily flowing tears. She sniffed a deep breath through her nostrils. 

We can make it work, I'm sure of it

we just have to try

I want to try.

She felt she was beginning to understand what he was saying. The part about it being non-traditional- well, that was a whole nother deal, and she interpreted it merely as their long-distance arrangement. But wasn't he telling her he was willing? Her heart trembled wildly and she looked back to him, blinking away the glassiness and fixing her gaze on him.

You want to... try? Are you... are you going to... ask me? Huā watched him expectantly, and stood as stiff and tense as an iron statue with breath held tightly in her lungs.
Messages In This Thread
i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 06, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 07, 2020, 12:03 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 24, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 25, 2020, 01:29 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 11:05 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 11:49 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 08, 2020, 12:33 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 14, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 14, 2020, 07:15 PM