Neverwinter Forest i really miss those days.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā had never intended to make anyone insecure- and though she doubted how well they could get along if Aibreann was too shy to show her face- she also understood the feeling; it was perhaps hypocritical of her to judge the lady. Huā was insecure at that time too, but her insecurity showed in her purposeful observing of Mal's co-parents closely when she encountered them, hoping to dissect the depth of his relationships. It seemed she had missed the most important one of all, though. It is... it is okay. I do not want her to be sorry; I know how she feels. When I was here I feared the other women... because... I did not know you are, um, 'poly-amory'. I thought they are my competition. She flattened her ears to her skull apologetically, and reached out to lap at his chin a little, I am sorry too. I do not mean to be so negative. 

When he reminded her he didn't even know what an engagement was, she was experiencing surprise again, trying to imagine a life with such minimal rules. To him, there were not a set of guidelines for the "perfect" life- or perhaps there were, but if so, they were crafted by himself rather than some conservative old ancestors. But he seemed willing to listen to her, and she smiled softly. Hmm... engagement is, promising each-other that you want to be married. I suppose for you, you just... 'become mates'. But engagement is like when we plan the party- um, getting married, it is a party. With feasting and song. So, uh, that part is very short. After marriage is the long part- spending life together, until death separates us. She wagged her tail slightly, and her smile grew. Rather than just marrying so fast, I would want a promise- and time for us to prepare something fun, and invite friends. She wasn't sure how many friends Mal had across the wilds, but Huā could think of at least a couple allies she would want to welcome to their little (or big) celebration.

His last words weren't the greatest of comforts. He said nothing else had changed between them, which was all fine and dandy, but Huā felt that he curved around her question rather than answering it directly. Her smile faltered, but she didn't speak yet. Because I wasn't going to just leave you like that. That was sorta an answer, right? He wouldn't leave her, and she let those words be the ones to echo in her head. Not for Aibreann, not for any other girl- he wouldn't sacrifice her, would he? Huā looked back up to him after a moment of quiet, tail still and expression only hopeful now.

So... where does this leave us, now? Should I... come back to meet her, soon?
Messages In This Thread
i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 06, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 07, 2020, 12:03 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - October 24, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - October 25, 2020, 01:29 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 11:05 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 07, 2020, 11:49 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 08, 2020, 12:33 AM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Mal - November 14, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: i really miss those days. - by Huā - November 14, 2020, 07:15 PM