Neverwinter Forest I can feel your love
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
His legs move him unsteadily, he’s growing tired. Tired of everything. Tired of the rain, tired of his anger, tired of his still aching body, tired of life. But there’s a problem with that bit, now isn’t there? He cannot die so that means he’s just going to have to get over it. And get over it he does, by continuing to walk. He’s shaking slightly — from the cold rain, from his rage, from his fears. He’s consumed by unkind thoughts of every type. 

Until he realizes he’s got something worse on his plate then just mental issues. He sees a flicker of movement — a shadow in the dark. He stills, swiveling his head towards the direction. Short auds are alert, ruby orbs wide and constantly blinking the rain that runs into them. He struggles to see what it is until a strike of lightning illuminates the world around him, revealing the shadow for a split second. 

It looks like a wolf — a small one, a puppy. One like him. In that moment he is not afraid, his eyes have been enlightened to the strange creature that shows herself to him. She is smaller than he, but her moments are cautious as he catches her eyes — bicolored and nothing like anything he’s ever seen. He didn’t even know that was possible. She even holds something in her maw, it reflects the minimal amount of light and he finds himself dipping his head in interest, hoping the movement would allow him to look less intimidating. 

It seems to work some, or perhaps she’s just very brave, but she closes in on him. Alduin doesn’t move a muscle, doesn’t speak, practically doesn’t blink, afraid it will spook her away.

When she sniffs him, coming even closer than he figured she would, he reacts slowly. Moving his own head lower to sniff her too, moving his body to where they’re nose to nose staring cautiously right back at one another. He doesn’t speak, but his eyes communicate a silent agreement of truce — of kinship. He has a question in his eyes. What’re you doing here? They wonder, but the only thing that breaks the silence is the sound of rustling trees and thunder every so often. He would wait for her to signal their unsaid truce before saying anything.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
I can feel your love - by Alduin - August 23, 2021, 06:29 PM
RE: I can feel your love - by The Listener - August 26, 2021, 09:34 PM
RE: I can feel your love - by Alduin - August 27, 2021, 04:39 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by The Listener - August 29, 2021, 03:13 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by Alduin - August 29, 2021, 03:59 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by The Listener - August 29, 2021, 04:13 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by Alduin - August 29, 2021, 04:44 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by The Listener - August 29, 2021, 05:13 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by Alduin - August 29, 2021, 07:03 AM
RE: I can feel your love - by The Listener - September 06, 2021, 01:13 PM