Redsand Canyon I never trusted my own eyes
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He considered telling the imperator that he didn't even know the name of this woman, so the chances of her showing up here were slim. But then he realized that this meant he might possibly have children out there eventually who would never know him. Anger flared in his chest—anger at himself for being so stupid, and anger at his father for disappearing before ever teaching him any of this. The feeling swelled so much within him that he wanted to release it on the imperator. His illogical state of mind had him wondering why Germanicus had never told him any of this either. And now, he was only punishing him instead of helping him to understand. 

Kallik's jaw tightened and he looked over at the boulder. Resentment had him disregarding the suggestion that he should stop for breaks. His anger was so overwhelming by now that he needed something to take it out on; the boulder would do.

He said nothing else, afraid of what would come out of his mouth if he tried. The auxillary turned and walked over to the large rock and immediately got to work. He alternated between standing up on hind legs and pushing with his front legs, and bracing his shoulder against the rock and pushing with his body. His energy gradually drained, but he refused to stop. He didn't feel that he deserved to drink or take a break. 

It had taken hours to move the boulder to the other side and when he had pushed for the last time, he fell back on his haunches. Every muscle in his body ached, his head pounded, and his legs shook with fatigue. He wanted to slink away and throw himself into the snow, but he was unsure if he could walk. He refused to look at the imperator. His anger still hummed under the surface but at least now he was too tired to really feel it. Still, he was unsure he could speak respectfully, so he said nothing at all.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
I never trusted my own eyes - by Kallik - January 04, 2022, 11:06 PM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Germanicus - January 05, 2022, 12:46 AM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Kallik - January 05, 2022, 01:10 AM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Germanicus - January 05, 2022, 01:30 AM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Kallik - January 05, 2022, 01:55 AM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Germanicus - January 05, 2022, 05:02 PM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Kallik - January 05, 2022, 09:22 PM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Germanicus - January 05, 2022, 10:10 PM
RE: I never trusted my own eyes - by Kallik - January 05, 2022, 11:10 PM