Redsand Canyon You float like a feather
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
There was no judgement in her tone but the knot of shame writhed in his chest all the same. He hadn't really held back during the fight, though he wouldn't have gone as far as to kill the other soldier. Still, it had been impulsive and stupid. He assumed that was what she thought as well. His gaze dropped, but his face was blank otherwise as he started building up his wall of ice. Shame always hurt the most, and he was desperately trying to dull the sick feeling in his chest.

He was lost in the self-loathing again, staring blankly at the floor until her voice seemed to snap him out of it. She said whatever she was doing would sting. If it did, he didn't react; it was nothing compared to the beating he was giving himself on the inside. What he wouldn't give to pull Aquene close and nuzzle his face into her fur. It felt like the only thing that would loosen the knot in his chest. 

She explained the plants and what they were for, gave him instruction on the cobwebs, but he was honestly having trouble processing it all. He would try to retain what he could just so he wouldn't fail at something else if he or Glaukos were injured while they were gone.

I'm sorry, Aquene, he murmured, his tone full of everything he was feeling but couldn't say. Can you repeat what you said? I want to be sure I remember it.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
You float like a feather - by Kallik - February 06, 2022, 04:55 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Aquene - February 06, 2022, 08:57 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Kallik - February 07, 2022, 01:02 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Aquene - February 07, 2022, 04:09 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Kallik - February 07, 2022, 05:26 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Aquene - February 07, 2022, 08:51 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Kallik - February 07, 2022, 09:25 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Aquene - February 07, 2022, 09:51 PM
RE: You float like a feather - by Kallik - February 08, 2022, 02:07 PM