Redsand Canyon Schédia
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
His highly negative mind had trouble comprehending what Arsenio said first. He was having difficulty believing that the imperator and preferred to keep him and his wife here rather than send them to the vale. He was certain he only caused Germanicus headaches. He might think that his friend was telling him this to ease his mind by telling him things he wanted to hear, but Kallik had not spoken his thoughts out loud. 

Hearing the other man's reasons for requesting that he and Aquene move to the vale made the soldier feel slightly better about things. He felt the same way about Arsenio, though he did wonder what exactly he meant by at his side. 

He still couldn't shake the unease and doubt for some reason, even though he tried to calm his mind with the logic of the situation. Arsenio would only ask for his help if he really wanted it, and Kallik found comfort in that realization. 

Arsenio wanted to know what he was thinking, but there was quite a bit going on inside the scutarius' head. He decided he would try to be as honest as he was able. 

I am surprised to hear that the imperator wished to keep me and Aquene here, he started, a little hesitantly. It was hard putting all of his thoughts out for someone else to judge. If I am honest, my initial thought was that he offered us to go to be rid of me; I have caused trouble more than once. Better for his friend to know exactly what he was getting himself into. 

As for the two of us: I consider you as my friend, too, and I would be honored to help you with this and to raise my family with yours He would be sure not to let the other man down. I have to admit that I am not thrilled to leave Aquene while she is pregnant, but I understand the importance of laying our claim sooner rather than later. He would likely be a surly traveling partner, though. He had planned to be here, taking care of her throughout her entire pregnancy, and now he would have to split his time. He understood the need for the sacrifice, but that didn't mean he felt good about it.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
Schédia - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 08:04 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - March 30, 2022, 08:25 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - April 05, 2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - April 06, 2022, 04:04 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - April 06, 2022, 04:12 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - April 06, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - April 08, 2022, 07:30 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - April 12, 2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - May 10, 2022, 04:21 PM