Ankyra Sound imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
158 Posts
Ooc — Van

A trickle of relief entered his thoughts as Val informed him that Erzulie was still alive. He could feel no joy in this moment, under the mountain of suffering he felt bearing down on him, but he did know that he wanted to see her. A living reminder of where he had come from, what values had been instilled in him by the sirens of Rusalka.

He’d had intentions of staying in the sound, but now…

Svalinn made a choking noise when the dark news-bearer spoke once more; it sounded like he said of course. His goldcrown arched towards the ground, as stinging grief made him salivate, and his back sagged, legs nearly buckling as he fought to keep himself upright. He coughed up a single involuntary sob in the sound of a rueful laugh, and then he sucked everything back in with all his might, standing up straight again.

His wet lips trembled as he beheld Val. The coal-raked fur, the rawboned figure, the piney green of his eyes. Blood of my blood. So, I have a nephew. There was an unwanted tremor in his voice. He cleared his throat, grasping onto what thread of control he had left, but he had a hard time finding his next words and an even harder time trying to return to his normally casual delivery.

If… if you have a little while, I’d like to get to, ah, know you a bit better.
Messages In This Thread
imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Val - January 13, 2023, 08:57 AM
RE: imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Svalinn - January 22, 2023, 07:48 PM
RE: imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Val - February 01, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: imma toss my hat in, floss when the track spin - by Val - February 11, 2023, 02:56 PM