Moonspear two moons
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
129 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
One post cameo just so I have it in my threadlog for future reference, I hope that's okay despite the private tag. Please continue to skip and powerplay Ray as if I never posted at all!

The yearling mustered up enough pride to smile when Alaric praised him for his gift idea. He knew all the things that could easily be found around the beaches and tidepools, but those were things Moontide would soon have in abundance. Landlocked treasures were more valuable, or at least Stingray thought so. He still wasn't quite used to living inland, much less on a mountain.

He tried to prick up his ears and listen while Alaric displayed and described his herbs, hoping to learn something that might prove useful to elevate him from the pack's personal paperweight, but it wasn't long before Stingray's brain was overloaded and buzzing with an altogether unpleasant sound. Which one was for tummyaches again?

There was no way Ray could ever be a healer, that was for sure.

Nor the kind of tradesman Alaric was, he realized as the man produced a fur to carry the gifts in. Stingray didn't have the foggiest clue about curing hides for use, nor was he all that interested in learning. In fact, that practice felt downright unnatural to him — he was, after all, a Sveijarn man of the earth and old blood. He was awed by Alaric's knowledge and skill and grateful for the means to carry the gifts along, but it wasn't something he could see himself ever excelling at.

He would just have to keep looking for other ways he could be useful and get a life, as Swordfish's voice often told him. Thanks for you help, Alaric! he beamed, showing none of the inner doubts about his purpose swirling around in him, though Njord alone might notice that it was uncharacteristic for his son to not jump at an opportunity to show off his "skills" via a hunt.
Messages In This Thread
two moons - by Njord - April 24, 2023, 04:16 PM
RE: two moons - by Alaric - April 24, 2023, 04:36 PM
RE: two moons - by Njord - April 24, 2023, 08:17 PM
RE: two moons - by Alaric - April 25, 2023, 06:51 AM
RE: two moons - by Stingray - April 25, 2023, 07:49 AM
RE: two moons - by Njord - April 25, 2023, 02:28 PM
RE: two moons - by Alaric - April 25, 2023, 04:49 PM
RE: two moons - by Njord - April 29, 2023, 12:36 PM