Permafrost Hollows In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
And there it was. Keen's ears fell slowly as Bridget spoke, because she'd had this conversation too many times in her life. She was tired of this always being the place where every relationship in her life was destined to grind to a halt. She wanted something to change. Clinging to the hope that maybe this time it could be different, she swallowed and steeled herself.
I know, She went for simple agreement to start, shaky as she tried to find her footing in unfamiliar territory. Her gaze dropped as she went on. I uh, I suck at talking about feelings, but you probably figured that out. I want to change that, it's just a matter of... figuring out where to start. Opening the door on years of emotional baggage comes with the danger of everything falling out at once. Keen was trying for humor with that, but she fell a little short, too sad and overwhelmed to even smile.
But she did manage to meet Bridget's eyes again. I was born at Easthollow. My mother was the leader there, raised me and my siblings by herself. When I was young, around six months, I got lost. The man who found me brought me here. His name was Derg, It felt strange to tell it so simply after spending so long trying to forget about it. It was my brother who found me a couple months later. During my absence, my mother had taken a new mate and started a new family. I took it personally, and our relationship never recovered from it. I never went back.
Instead of dealing with it, I left the valley entirely. For years. And now my family is gone, and I guess that decision is coming back to bite me in the ass because I don't know how I feel, There was a lot Keen had skipped over, like the part where she'd murdered a member of Easthollow just to get her mother's attention — an effort which had ultimately failed. But it was pretty obvious why that one might be best kept from Bridget. And everyone else.
Besides, this was already a lot. Keen was nervous and overwhelmed, and it showed in her expression.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea - by Keen - April 30, 2023, 09:35 PM