Two Rivers Isle ricochet
Loner
the seal's shadow
112 Posts
Ooc — orion
There is no resistance as she approached, no stiffness as her olive branch extended. Breath hitched as if the smallest sigh would send her turning tail off somewhere he would never see her again. And he is in her shoes now, seeing himself disappear not knowing if he would return. The tears spill freely and dampen the fur of Iseul's shoulder as he is swept finally into her embrace. For he had not realised it before, but without her he was a shell of himself. A vessel for anger, for sadness, for the fear of ending up alone. Her promise is met with with a silent nod - a vow of his own to be always by her side.

Sucking in a shaky breath, he lets his eyes flutter closed as the warmth of her forehead meets his own. Her apology hung heavy in the air but Matteo could tell she meant every word. In that moment where he was surrounded by familiar touch, the two of them grieved the loss of what could have been. "I'm sorry too," is all he can think to say. For making her worry, for being a bad son. For although he blamed her once, there is a glimmer of understanding that had not been present before.

"It's okay," his voice is as quiet as hers. "Thank you, for not goin' anywhere. I was angry an' a mess an' I blamed you for a while but-" If she would let him, he would bury his face in the soft furs of her chest until his words are muffled. "You mean everythin' to me. An' I don' ever wanna be somewhere you're not." 
Messages In This Thread
ricochet - by Taggak - August 15, 2023, 04:22 AM
RE: ricochet - by Iseul - August 17, 2023, 06:57 PM
RE: ricochet - by Taggak - August 23, 2023, 08:31 AM
RE: ricochet - by Iseul - August 23, 2023, 03:28 PM
RE: ricochet - by Taggak - September 02, 2023, 09:29 AM
RE: ricochet - by Iseul - September 03, 2023, 10:25 PM
RE: ricochet - by Taggak - September 08, 2023, 06:29 AM
RE: ricochet - by Iseul - September 10, 2023, 10:47 PM
RE: ricochet - by Taggak - October 03, 2023, 01:38 PM