Jade Fern Grove Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread.
Rivenwood
Leaf
His Reverence
125 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
That got a little long, sorry. Don’t feel the need to match it.

“Our God is right, always.” This was a given, and always would be. This was a simple answer, one that would not require a lot of thinking. Next, he had to explain the opposite side of after death. He took a deep breath, he hoped not to scare the dear child, “There is a place called Hell. Only those who have done terrible things will go there. It’s like an everlasting fire, and you are alone to….” He couldn’t say it, to burn. “Be in pain.” “But, even those who have done wrong, if they seek forgiveness, God gives them a second chance, and maybe even a third, because He loves all. He will always forgive us, no matter what.”

Man, this girl was complicated. But she was also young, and easily wavered, as all young are. But he had faith, that everyone was good of heart, and he wanted everyone to live a happy life. And some of her questions he did not fully know. He never died, he never heard from someone passed on about what Heaven, accept for what has been said in story and history.

Another breath, “I understand how you may feel and how you’re thinking, it’s hard, even for me, and He doesn’t expect us to be perfect in every way. He knows the future, he knows we will make mistakes. His rules and teachings have been told and re-told forever, and through teachers we know this.” He wasn’t sure how much more he could explain, without messing his preaching up. “Look, I’m going to sum this up: If you were choose to learn more of my God, and believe in Him, He will always be there for you, never abandon you, and if you ask Him, He can even help with you in life, even if you want to share Him with your family. I can’t stress enough how much He loves us.”

“You don’t have to accept it, if you do not want to, but I thank you for listening, for allowing me to do my duty as His follower, His child. And no matter what, after this, you can count me as a friend. I don’t have many.” A playful smile tugging at his lip.

Before long, he would go, and Esma would be up to her own devices once more.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Messages In This Thread
Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - January 05, 2024, 07:16 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread. - by John - February 02, 2024, 08:03 PM
RE: Sitting flat on your bum doesn't buy any bread - by John - February 09, 2024, 11:19 PM