Stone Circle What can break me has a name
Kvarsheim
Anda*
230 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Round two! Thank you for joining so fast! 

I have been given permission to PP Tauris' presence at the meeting. NPC characters are still technically in the pack; if you have any questions regarding their behaviors, please check the notes by their name in the rank table :)

No posting order!

The kindly Bjorn was the first to arrive, his respectful nature evergreen and welcoming. Skáld rose as he arrived, albeit a bit shakily, but did not move forward to touch noses; the lingering symptoms of pneumonia weren't contagious, but he was still quite sniffly and congested. "Good morning, Bjorn," He said, his voice still a bit rattly coming from the very depths of his chest. He cleared his throat, and his voice improved. "Sun feel good, hmm?" He asked, basking in its early yet considerable warmth. 

His ear flicked when he heard the skittering of paws, in time to see Sven bolting toward them. He lowered into a stiff playbow as the boy skidded to a halt, and gave him a light chuff as he rose. "Sven-Sven," He said, with a bob of his head and merriment in his eyes. 

Tauris and Figment's son came next with a high step, carrying a small creature Skáld assumed he had killed only moments before coming to the meeting. "Good hunt?" He asked, though by this point, he was used to the ambivalence that the boy often projected. He couldn't help but wonder why it was that children went through the phase of pushing loved ones away- but he did feel that it would likely only be temporary. The boy could be forgiven for his youth. 

Moving to arrive next to Sven was Ujurak, and Skáld blinked his eyes at the boy as he gave him a nod. He was a keen and dedicated young man; he approached the gathering with the same, benevolent grace that he (and his siblings) came by honestly. 

He thought he noticed a difference in Astrid than what he had been seeing lately. He saw her look to her brothers with more shine in her eyes than he had seen in some time, and it gave him hope. He gave her a quiet croon, and a faint smile. She was one of only a handful of young women in the pack, and the only one present of her age. He had faith she would blossom in the company of her brothers, and kept his expectations high, that the boys would treat her well. 

Moss came, and seemed to be the most concerned. It was nothing less than what he should expect from the Laeknir, who seemed sensitive to the impending changes. He gave the wispy wolf a reassuring smile, as bravely as he could. "I heal," He assured him, with a nod. He had certainly been worse, two weeks ago, and he could have suffered much worse still. 

Weaving himself in to the mix came Kristjan, looking as outgoing and confident as ever. He watched to see if Swift would be encouraged by Kristjan's compliment, hoping that perhaps the two might be close enough to shake a smile out of the dark boy. 

Vale Enid joined them next, looking just as curious as the others, cataloguing the presence of who had arrived cleverly. It seemed as though some of the children were happy to be invited; some of the adults looked as though they were waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

Tauris joined them, and Skáld cast her a smile. He still wished he could have done better- but reality was tough, sometimes. Stress had aggravated his health issues, which was not something he could afford to risk again. A kind stranger had rescued him once, but he could not count on such a thing happening every time. 

"Greetings, all," He said, his voice quiet, slightly nasal from his congestion. "I thank, for you coming. I ask we talk for some things," He said. He felt a bit self-conscious, speaking in the common tongue. Icelandic would have been much easier for him, but it would not likely have suited everyone who was present. He caught an encouraging look from Tauris, so he continued. "I do have...Health scare," He admitted. "Walk in sleep, uhm...Fall, in ice," He explained. "Was safe, by lone man- but sick, uhm, two weeks." They would know enough from the sound of his voice, from the way even simple sentences left him out of breath. 

"Want lead, but," He said, and he shook his head. He tried to smile, but found his soft, curl-trimmed ears fall back against his head. "Skáld not strong...Hard to speak...Not good alone. I look not for help," He said, "But for...New. New leader. Probably leaders; is easier, more than one." He said. "I step down; new rank, of Hirdir. Shepherd. To help." He hoped the offer to help would be amenable. 

He drew in a breath, only to find something caught in his throat, and caused him to cough a few times before he could get his lungs clear. "Sorry," he said, taking in another breath that finally went down smoothly. His eyes lingered for a moment on the children. Birthright might entitle them all- as they had all been born of leaders. He did not wish to overlook those who had been with the pack for some time, and so he would leave the discussion to be open. He hoped, with his glance, to inspire the children to volunteer. 

"You want step up, step forward, now."
“Icelandic”
“English”
Messages In This Thread
What can break me has a name - by Skáld - February 07, 2024, 10:29 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Bjorn - February 07, 2024, 11:05 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Sven - February 08, 2024, 12:45 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Swift - February 08, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Ujurak - February 08, 2024, 08:50 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Astrid - February 09, 2024, 01:52 AM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Moss - February 09, 2024, 03:06 AM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Kristjan - February 09, 2024, 04:19 PM