Moonspear [m] Stolen Light
Moonspear
Councilor*
556 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
At least she found it amusing. But a part of him truly did feel that way. He wasn't one that felt as if he would make a good father. He was too flighty. Too Reckless. Too much everything.

Alaric just held her there as he spoke. Partly to give her comfort to the blow he was about to give or thought he was giving. Partly to seek his own comfort. And also to keep her in place until he was done talking. He didn't wish her to storm off without hearing everything he had to say in its entirety.

He could feel with each word he spoke she grew tense and agitated. And he didn't blame her. It happened to him and he still felt a raw ugliness when he thought of it. So he tried not too. It had been truly a dark time for him, but he had gotten out of it. Hadn't he. Had healed, was still healing. 

Alaric smoothed his muzzle down her shoulder. NO need to apologize. You didn't do it to me and you wouldn't have realized. I have not told anyone except you and Sialuk knows a bit of it, but not to the extent of what you now know. Well, though I wouldn't wish it on another. It did make me who I am. Which is both unfortunate and unfair. But no use regretting those things you cannot change. I don't make light of it. I just don't know how to voice exactly how it makes me feel.

A soft tick in his jaw when she touched his cheek. Her words scraping over scar tissue in his chest. He remembered that mantra so well. He was alive. I'm alive. I'm alive. He had repeated it to himself for days, for hours as he healed, as his broken bones and split wounds healed. As the soft tissue lost it's bruised feel. As he let other's take what they needed. As he gave his body over and over again to those that wanted it. TO keep himself alive, and how he had come to enjoy that slight power. How it made other's happy for a time. How he had realized his significance as a trader of all things. 

There was silence, but it was comfortable. As she spoke now. And said what she needed to say.

His brow drew together as she kissed it. A small smile as it slightly tickled. He mulled over her words. You can try.

That was all he was willing to give right now, a chance for her to try.

But he wondered if she knew he was true trader. That women and men came to him for his body. That one had just recently. How would she take that. He had already passed along that he would help women this season if they needed it for trade for the village.

He took a deep shuddering breath. And then slowly began to hum a quiet gentle song. His way of dealing with everything she had said, but he didn't move or push her away.
Messages In This Thread
[m] Stolen Light - by Elentari - March 22, 2024, 09:08 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Alaric - March 23, 2024, 05:56 AM
RE: Stolen Light - by Elentari - March 23, 2024, 12:57 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Alaric - March 23, 2024, 01:50 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Elentari - March 23, 2024, 04:04 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Alaric - March 23, 2024, 04:32 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Elentari - March 25, 2024, 07:36 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Alaric - March 25, 2024, 07:47 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Elentari - March 25, 2024, 08:11 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Alaric - March 25, 2024, 08:21 PM
RE: Stolen Light - by Elentari - March 25, 2024, 09:04 PM