Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
All Welcome 
The panic over the falling stars reminded Njord of the pack’s fragility. It was easy to be lulled into a false sense of security during times of peace… but a single disaster could easily upheave all they had created. He supposed one would not be able to recognize the good times without the bad… but, still… it made Njord want to become proactive instead of complacent.

Today, the councilor sought out @Alaric. Njord thought of what the man had said to him weeks ago: a restless spirit.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Njord would find him easy enough. Scrabbling over the rocks in search for small pieces of the flying rocks for the babies. 

He tilted an ear forward as he looked. Green eyes alight with joy. A soft song on his lips stirring the air. 

I'm walking on sunshine, wooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
And don't it feel good!
Hey, alright now
And dont it feel good!
Hey yeah
I used to think maybe you loved me, now I know that it's true
And I don't want to spend my whole life, just waiting for you.

A soft dance or two in his step. Precarious yes, dangerous yes.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Time marched onward. Whatever the strange storm in the sky had been, it had not destroyed the mountain or its people. Sialuk was thankful, and she had spent much of her time in the quiet solitude of her ulaq. Gifts were brought by others—the latest from @Meerkat—and Sialuk's belly grew. It would not be long before she was unable to make trips outside, and today she embarked on one such trip, finding the sound of Alaric's voice drawing her up the mountain's slope.

Njord was there as well, and Sialuk greeted them both in her familiar way. This woman greets you, she said. ::
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord heard Alaric’s singing before he spotted the dark-featured man.

“Alaric!” he hollered when his friend finally came into view. The seafarer’s red tail gave a friendly wave. If he had hands, Njord would have clapped Alaric on the back. “Enjoyin’ summer, my friend?” he greeted.

Then, the duo became a trio. Good! It was serendipitous that their leader, Sialuk, appeared, for Njord’s thoughts concerned her too. “Sialuk, yer simply glowin’.” Njord praised the mother-to-be.

“Ah wanted tae float an idea by ye both,” he asked them. “Ah was thinkin’ it would be a good time tae strengthen tha bond between Moonspear an’ its friends. Paleo, Epoch, or Brecheliant… trade herbs, medicines, an’ wares with ‘em tae procure tha resources that Moonspear lacks. Tis a bountiful time, an’ we could fill our stores for tha winter. Form alliances in tha process.”

Njord paused to gauge their sentiments. “Alaric, Ah wanted tae nominate ye for this mission,” he expressed. “Ye are a good ambassador for tha pack. A knowledgeable herbalist an’ tradesman.” And who knew – maybe he would bring back a wife! "But tell me your thoughts, friend."

Then, Njord stepped back as if to open the floor for Sialuk and Alaric to voice their opinions.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sialuk was soon there and Alaric looked upon her with surprise and then offered a smile. Her body well rounded with children or child. Of what you never could know. He dipped his head to her in greeting. But before he could speak, there was Njord. His face crinkled into a larger smile.

Alaric nodded. I always enjoy summer. It's warm and fun and loud.

Alaric blinked. I can go. IT was what I did before i came here. You'll have to let me know what you want me to trade most and what we want in return. And which pack would need the most strengthening?

Alaric didn't know these other places. Except for Brecheliant and he only knew that one for his sister. He thought of what he had. Some herbs yes, he also had some pouches he'd made and some chew things. There were some furs he was drying. They could go. They were small rabbit, squirrel, but they would work. 

He looked to Sialuk and waited for her decree.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Njord explained his plan, and Sialuk listened with delight. It was good to see them both, and in such good moods! She was loathe to let anyone go far from the mountain, but she knew many had roaming tendencies. She wondered if her own children would want to wander from home.

To Paleo and Brechliant, bring herbs and things of healing. To Epoch, a fine cut of meat will bring good tidings, she said. It was good to see the pack moving smoothly even when two of their higher ranking members were on the verge of bringing new life into the world.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Alaric was a dutiful man and did not hesitate to accept the mission. He had ample experience when it came to trading, so Njord was confident that the skills of ambassador or diplomat would come naturally to the dark-furred bard.

Siauluk, too, seemed pleased with the idea and provided a list of things that would bring good tidings. “I will hunt goat today,” Njord decided, “to provide the meat for this trade.”

“Alaric,” he turned to the man. “Ah would go with ye, but Ah feel my place is here while Sialuk gives birth.” There was sincerity in his voice, for Njord would have loved nothing more than to travel with his good friend. “If ye wish tae bring a companion on this voyage…” Njord entertained the idea of sending two instead of one. It would be safer… and perhaps there was another in the pack whose skills matched this adventure.

The man looked to the white woman, then. “Ah leave that call tae you, Sialuk,” Njord explained. “Ah would nae want tae send anywolf away who you did not want to go.” With two litters on the way, Njord knew it was a sensitive time in the pack and he did not wish to create an off-balance.

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric smiled and then turned towards Sialuk.

What would you like to ask for in return?

Alaric lifted a shoulder. I am always willing to travel in pairs. But i too will let that up to Lady Sialuk.

He was already thinking of what herbs to take. He had a few rare ones. He thought of the bits of yarrow he had.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
It was decided. Njord would gather meat for Epoch, and Alaric surely had a store of both herbs and items of healing. They may offer a return gift, but you are not to request one. Doing so may come off as rude, though perhaps Alaric was unaware of that. Sialuk held no ill will toward him for not knowing this thing. All three of their friendly villages would likely offer something in return, but Sialuk was far less concerned with what was brought back. If another wishes to go with you, they may, but I know you will do just as well on your own. She gave him a smile, then felt the exhaustion creeping over her. The pregnancy had not been particularly difficult, but she had been tired often, and today was no different.

Long days and pleasant nights, she said, excusing herself to the ulaq so she might find some rest.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
“Ah ken Seal will certainly ask ye, Alaric,” Njord noted with a chuckle. “She’s taken quite tha likin’ to ye! Maybe when she’s older she could accompany you.”

Sialuk excused herself and the two men were left. “Ah will be by your den with tha meat this evening,” Njord promised. “Thank ye for acceptin’ this task. Ah ken ye are the right man for the job.”

With a nod, Njord set off to go hunt.