Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Private 

She stayed not long in the copse with Meerkat and Njord. With the trip to Moontide imminent, Sialuk had not expected a visit from @Kukutux upon her return, informing her of Ariadne's new venture. Sialuk thought it good that her younger sister was branching out to make her own village. It was the way of their people, after all. First Sialuk, then Rodyn's wife, then Vaire (who had come home, from what moonwoman had said). Sialuk brought a small but strong bone for her younger sister, something to bring good tidings to the new village.

The starwoman slowed as she came to the fresh marks upon the new village border, pausing only a moment before stepping over and seeking out her younger sister, the bone held gently in her mouth all the while. Like all the sister villages, Sialuk could not imagine being turned away. They were kin, family, and Sialuk expected she would be welcomed with open arms.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Thanks for starting!

Now that things were well underway with Moonsong's establishment, Ariadne busied herself with collecting items for their altar. Before officially naming the land in their village's name, she wanted to bless the territory and ensure their claiming went smoothly. As Ariadne searched, she spotted a familiar figure in the distance. She stopped, craning her neck and squinting to try and get a better look at the woman.

Sistraa? she called, hopeful. Is that you?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Ariadne approached, and Sialuk wagged her tail as her sister drew near. But there was something off about her gait. It was not as smooth as Sialuk remembered it, although a cursory glance did not alert her to anything on the outside that might have caused whatever was ailing her. Perhaps it was merely a sore join, though Ari was younger than Sialuk, which made that less likely. Sialuk closed the distance between them.

The starwoman dropped the small bone in front of her, then wrapped her neck around Ari's in a brief wolfish hug. You have been busy! she sang. What happened to your leg? The question was filled with more concern than her greeting, worried that something worse might have happened to the younger woman since they had last seen one another. And how long ago that had been! Panuk and Rolayne were nearly ready to make their way back to Moontide. Sialuk did not think the transition would be easy for anybody involved. Would the two boys wish to stay in Moonspear with her, or would they be content going to live among (to them) mostly strangers?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Sialuk wrapped her arms around Ariadne, and she briefly leaned into the embrace. Yes! she agreed in their native language, I have been doing lots of things! I must fill you in! This was her sistraa's official invitation into the territory. She began to wander, leading them further into the territory.

I wasn't paying attention and fell down a hill, she answered, unable to hold in her laughter; she wished she'd had a cooler story to share! @Kannoyak found me, helped flag down anaa, and they both brought me back to Moontide. That was about a month ago. Somehow. It was crazy how quickly time flew.

Her attention turned to her sister, and it was her turn to ask her questions. How are you? How are all the babies? How's the fiancée and betrothed? Has he paid that bride price yet? She'd have to intervene if he didn't get on it!
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Ariadne appeared less concerned about her leg, which relieved Sialuk. The cause for her injury was an unfortunate one, but at least it had not been a thing of malice from another party. The older sister had her fair share of accidental injuries, and she knew they were just as painful as those given intentionally. Kannoyak's name caused Sialuk to raise a brow, but she did not comment on his apparent reappearance. It had been some time since he had departed village Moonspear, though she had not known where he planned to go after he had left.

Maggak and Acrux are doing well—growing fast. I think it will be difficult for Panuk and Rolayne to return to Moontide when the time comes. Elentari is well. Argent seeks the bride price now; he has been gone often searching for the items needed. When the world begins to warm again, I wish to have a festival for the three of us to celebrate with all of the villages. It would be a large occasion, Sialuk thought, and a good time to celebrate the past year and all that it had brought them.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Sialuk's news made Ariadne's heart soar; there was so much to celebrate! Well, I was planning to come and visit Maggak and Acrux when the world begins to warm again ... she began, quirking her brow and smiling. But I will continue to pray to Sedna that his search goes well, she said regarding Argent's bride-price. This is so exciting! Is there anything I can do to help with the festival? I will do anything that you need me to!
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Ariadne was eager to help, and Sialuk thought on this for a moment. Will you make wreaths of flowers for Elentari, Argent, and me? she asked. Springtime would be abundant with blooms, and it would make the festival all the more beautiful if they were each adorned with such things. I trust you will find the perfect arrangement for each of us. Having a bit of a surprise to them would be part of the fun.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Of course I will! she answered in her next breath. I would be honored to do so! Oh, how she could wrap her sistraa into a hug; what an honor! I will begin thinking of my ideas now and start searching when the world becomes warm again. Her selection now would be limited, and she wanted only the best for Sialuk, Elentari, and Argent.

Thank you for this incredible honor, sistraa, she said, dipping her head. I will make you proud! Ariadne looked up to her sister in many ways, and having this task made her spirit sing; she’d do anything for Sialuk.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
It was no surprise when Ariadne agreed to take on the task. Sialuk suspected that her leg would be well and healed by then, making the gathering of flowers much easier for her. It was not as though winter had many blooms to offer, and the wreaths would be best worn fresh and fragrant. Sialuk thought that, once dried, they would make nice additions to the ulaq, too.

I know you will, Sialuk replied when Ariadne promised to make her proud. No matter which flowers were to adorn them that day, she knew that the wreaths would be special merely because her sister was the one to make them.

Tell me more of your village, she said. Are many young men—or women—seeking your company? Sialuk said this with a lilt to her voice, eyes prying for the gossip that Ariadne surely held. She was a moon daughter, eligible to wed whomever she wished, and Sialuk thought it likely there would be many suitors lining up to impress her as the days progressed.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
We are small in numbers, but we have a solid foundation, she began, thinking of the wolves that'd been recruited so far. We have hunters and warriors—I only pray that more women find us. We have so many men. I've already started building an avatar to attract feminine energy, but ... it has not worked so far. she sighed; they needed more women so that she could have her own women's circle.

When it came to her personal affairs, she smiled shyly and glanced away, knowing she was giving herself away. There have been a few that have caught my eye, she admitted. But nothing serious has come from it, not yet, at least.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Ariadne spoke of many men, but Sialuk did not see this as a bad thing. If there were men, women would come. It was the way of the world, and the older sister knew that things would find a balance with time. She imagined, too, that many men would seek out a new, young leader of her own village. Ariadne would be a valuable wife to whomever she chose.

Take your time, Sialuk said with a knowing smile. Do not choose hastily. Sialuk liked to think that she had taken her time. She had met many suitors before settling on both Argent and Elentari. Both were solid companions, and the starwoman held no regrets for her choices. A part of her still wished that Tullik had stayed with them, but she did not mourn the loss of him. If he wished to return, she knew she would welcome him home with open arms.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
I will, she promised; it was a vow she would not keep. Kaluktuk would come into her life, knock her off her feet, and render her mind useless. I want to be successful like you, sister. I hope that I can be like you one day.

Curious, she wondered: What is it like having multiple partners. I have been thinking about your family, and it is definitely something I've considered for myself. BUT I ... just don't know how I would be able to share. Was it a right fit for her? She wasn't sure.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Ariadne spoke of her romantic lifestyle, and Sialuk smiled coyly. A woman does not kiss and tell! she teased, but they were sisters, and nothing was off limits between those she held so dear. Lovers are not things to own, so you share only your own heart with them. I have found no limit in how much my heart wishes to give, and neither have they.

Sialuk had been wary at times, but even when darker feelings mixed in with the light, they passed quickly. Every relationship comes with its own challenges whether or not you have one or many. The challenges were different with Elentari and Argent, but Sialuk had found a deep sense of comfort in being able to lean on them at different times, in different amounts, and for different things.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
As always, Sialuk said exactly what Ariadne needed to hear. Ultimately, deciding how she would proceed would be up to her, but the perspective was helpful. Thank you, she said, leaning over and nudging her sister's cheek. Your words help more than you know. Everything was still up in the air regarding her marital status—even with breeding season just around the corner. However, Sialuk's reasoning was enough to get her thinking about it again.

Is that how it feels with having multiple children, too? she wondered. That theres enough love for everybody?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Aya, Sialuk said, thinking fondly of Maggak and Acrux. Though Acrux came from Elentari's body, he was as much Sialuk's as he was hers. The two children had grown wonderfully together, and Seal had made an excellent role model for them. Their lives had expanded as they had grown, and now they felt more like tiny adults than babes. It was hard to imagine they would someday grow to no longer rely on her for everyday necessities, but she knew that time would come.

The same goes for sisters and brothers, she said with a grin. Ariadne was one of many, and although Sialuk was not as close to her younger siblings, she had found each and every one of them agreeable when they spent time together.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Her love for her multiple siblings was something that Ariadne could comprehend. Ah, she said, her tone knowing. I think I am beginning to understand.

The sisters continued to talk until it was time for Sialuk to leave. When she did, Ariadne reflected on their conversation fondly. Not only had she been given an important job in her sister's upcoming wedding, but she'd been given some insight that would be beneficial in the coming weeks. It had been a good day, and she was thankful for the visit.