Moonspear Star Fall
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
All Welcome 
Set at the borders. Elentari is returning with severely swollen right hind leg, due to a hairline fracture.

She hadn't meant to be gone so long. What had begun as a simple voyage to run an errand for Sialuk, had become a trying endeavor. It all went wrong before she even had the chance to scoop up the items requested of her.

The colder weather had always made the joints in her rear leg ache slightly. It was just a part of her life that she had learned to cope with. Fortune had turned, and not kindly on the raven woman. Stupidly, in a lapse of concentration, she had lost her footing and slipped. Her paw of that weaker leg had become wedged awkwardly in between the tight crevice of two granite rocks. With limited options on how to free herself, Elentari used her last resort in wrenching her leg free.

At a price. A shooting pain and a shift deep in her bone made her stumble to her knees. She knew she had messed up, but didn't dare look at the damage she had done to herself. The skin around her ankle felt raw and warm, but with no warm trickle of blood. White hot daggers raced up her leg when she tried to put weight on her leg. Cursing under her breath, she thought only of Sialuk. Acrux. Maggak. Argent. Of her family. Home.

They were what drove her on, forced to hobble on three legs. The other, a swollen mass hanging, tucked to her side. Time blurred by as she pressed on, until the steadfast peaks of the spear welcomed her close again. Breathless, she crumpled, with a meager call for help.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
sorry for my laten3ss

Elentari had been gone longer than was normal so Alaric had made it a point to traverse the edges of the borders.

It was with slight worry he followed her call and prwcticed eye soon saw why. He shifted forward to offer support where he could.

Hello!
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
A flash of black fur and familiar green eyes greeted her. Concern written across his face. A face to her, which was always a welcome sight. One that made her heart light up with a soft fondness. Alaric was so dependable, always there. And all the children adored him. How in the heck was he still single, she wondered?

She grimaced, hobbling forward on her three good legs. "Alaric..." She breathed. "S-sorry I was gone so long, really." She hissed as a spike of pain shot up her leg. "I was an idiot and lost my footing. Got my ankle wedged between some rocks. My bad one, at that." Her ears lowered, to add to her sheepish expression as she looked up at him. "I dunno if I told you, but it has given me problems before." She shook her head then, to remind herself that this was not the time for reminiscing. "Please, help me to the medical ulaq..."
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric had not thought much of his relationship status in years. He had no strings and a part of him liked that. But the scars from what the male had done. Well, they were still present, and he kept his heart locked and barred. None had looked deep enough to find it. And that was okay. He still cared for them all in his own way.

He thought about it, if memory served the first time, he had met her. She had been having trouble, he was fairly certain. But he had met so many in such a short time, perhaps not. But he nodded, pretty sure. 

Come along then. Would you like to lean? Or be carried?

It would not be easy, but he could certainly put her across shoulders to carry, but he could also offer his side to lean against.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Her dark, fine brows rose up at his proposal. A wry little smile etching the corners of her mouth. She almost wanted to let out the soft, short laugh she felt in her chest. "Alaric." She stated kindly, matter of factly. "That is very sweet of you but I think I will manage fine by leaning on you."

With a few hobbled steps, she lined herself up, shoulder to shoulder with him. She leaned in and let some of her weight rest, but not fully. There was a grin in her voice. "I am a pure blooded Archer, after all. We are strong of spirit." There was that hint of pride again. None of her kin would have allowed themselves to be carried, especially while still conscious.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric knew it wasn't the most normal suggestion, but he meant it with kindness and good faith. Forgetting how proud Elentari could be.

He laughed and nodded.  This is true. Very well lean on me my lady we'll get you to the healers ulaq.

He had to change up his stance, butcthey seemed to be doing well. Though he worried about that footpaw.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
She nodded, letting more of her weight rest against Alaric for support. He was a reliable man, she knew. Something she admired him for.

"Thank you. I should be able to make it with your assistance." Her blue eyes looked ahead, further into the depths of the mountain. "Do you know if the healing ulaq is currently fully stocked?" Her mind was distant, her thoughts frequented by Sialuk, Maggak and Acrux.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric would have scoffed were he to b3 call3d reliable. Perhaps at tim3s, but he also knew his greater nature was to roam and be free. But so far he was content.

He nodded. Not fully, but it is well stocked. I often glean for herbs and i know Seal does as well.

He shifted and took more of her weight giving her breaks if she needed.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
With a soft, short hum as a reply, Elentari seemed satisfied. Together, with Alaric, they would look over the assortment of herbs available. Even if he needed to fetch more, here in Moonspear they were never in short supply, with Sialuk's knowledge. And Seal's as well.

The trip back to the healing ulaq did not take as long as she expected. Partly because she largely focused on keeping her weight off her injured leg. And also of thinking of her partners and children, ever eager to see them again.

With a relieved breath, she set herself down on the soft bedding inside, mindful not to rest on her bad leg. Alaric would need to evaluate her before administering any herbs. Letting him collect himself, she frustratedly reached over to smooth her tongue over the swollen joint. An instinctual behavior, while her ears pressed back as she hissed in pain.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The walk wasn't bad
 But she jad begun to lag. The pain increasing. He frowned in thought, more so at her hiss of pain.

He gently touched her leg feeling heat, but no breaks but he would need to be sure.

When you got hurt? Did it make a snap or crack noise? Or just feel stretched and painful.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Thoughtfully, her dark ears turned back as she tried to recall the more precise details of her slip. "I did not hear a snap or a crack. But I did feel like something had shifted, with a sharp, shooting pain. It felt like it was deep, too." She provided.

It had hurt to put any weight on her paw at all. Hairline fractures such as the one that ailed her now, were very difficult to diagnose, even for an experienced medic. Elentari already knew that time and patience would be key in her recovery. But with a hunters spirit, she hated to feel so useless.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It could be a deep break, small and difficult, but he also wasn't certain that it wasn't just a sprain. So he decided to err on the side of caution and took a deep breath.

Okay we are going to move it to the right way, in case it is broken and then bind it tight. I wish I had seaweed it would work wonders, but we will make do with wet leaves or fur your choice, cobwebs and willow branches.

He looked at her with guilt in his eyes. I will have to move your foot, Elentari, to where it will have to stay. I'm so sorry, but this is going to hurt like a bad word. I'll go gather some of the items and you let me know when you're ready and as much as I prefer not to give Poppy I think it will be your best bet right now, but we will wean you onto something less stronger in just a couple days.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"Whatever needs to be done." She replied to his recommendation of fur, cobwebs and willow branches. "I just want to focus on recovering so I can get back to my daily routine." There was a tone in her voice that suggested she hated being useless. Being thrown off, stuck at the sidelines. Elentari had no one to blame but herself.

Looking right back at him, she nodded, un-phased by news he broke to her. "I know, but I can handle it. But thank you, Alaric. You know I trust you." He was a good man and a fine healer. A wolf she was proud to call a pack mate in Moonspear.

"Go ahead with your preparations. I believe I stored a thin strip of rabbit fur in here a while ago. It should make do for the binding." Awkwardly, she twisted her upper body around to reach behind her into the ulaq. Set on propped branch within easy reach, was the piece she was looking for. Soft, thin and silky. Yet sturdy. Setting the wooden colored strip of fur between her paws, she waited until Alaric was ready to administer the medicine.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric sighed softly. And then a little bit of a teasing glint lit up his eyes.

Lucky for you I've been healing for awhile. I can set it and bind it tight enough that in a a week or so you can start gently, gently Elentari, putting weight back on it.

He left to gather what he may need. A sturdy branch, some willow whip branches and the poppy from his own stores. Then he returned.

With a grimace he bent to task. Hold tight sweet thing this is gonna hurt.

A quick place of paws he twisted and turned it back into place. A intense look in his eyes. He twisted the willow and rabbit fur around it. Rendering it inmoble.

He backed up with pain in his eyes. You okay darlin?
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Elentari managed a soft laugh for him, appreciative of his attempt to lighten the mood. "Trust me, I won't over work myself, Mister Healer." She said in a mock voice, as if he were a doctor writing out his discharge orders.

She didn't wait long until he returned. While she did, she wracked her memory for details. Small, tiny little breaks like she sustained. From what she remembered being taught, with proper rest, they healed in a time frame of six to eight weeks. She could put up with that, getting around on three legs when necessary, until she was fully recovered.

At his return, she was ready. Wordlessly, she looked to him as he bent down. His words rung true as he twisted her leg back into place. The pain made her vision go white, a snarl mixed with a yelp breaking the quiet of the mountain. 

Unaware that she had lurched forward, Elentari peeked her eyes open to find her forelegs around his neck. Her teeth gnawing harmlessly on a mouthful of thick, dark fur. Madly, her cheeks heated and she drew back. A shuddering breath. "Y-yeah. That just really smarts...."
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He grinned at her words and gave her a blatant wink. Then shifted. She seemed to understand the gravity of the situation.

He  hated this part of healing. Adding more pain before it got better. That was not what he signed up for. To hurt. But sometimes you had to hurt to heal. Didn't he know from an emotional standpoint.

He shook her body with a chuckle. And gently helped her to right herself.

I imagine it does. He licked along his muzzle and then removed poppy to lay in front of her.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
The pain lingered, but not as intensely as before. She tried to even out her breathing. Often, practicing healing came with a little pain in order to help others. She understood this, and of course, placed no blame on a healer for doing their job.

Gently, she stood up. Kept the weight off her injured leg. Bending down, she scooped the poppy into her mouth to consume it. "Have you ever sustained any serious injuries before, Alaric?" She asked. As she recalled, she had never inquired about such a history with him before.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She seemed to have a small semblance of relief. This was good. He still felt bad for having to hurt her to heal her, but at least it was not lasting.

Her next question and his smile became strained, but he dipped his muzzle down.

Yes and worse besides.

He didn't bring up the dislocations, the bruises, the breakings. The assaults. No that was all history he'd rather not relive.

It happens whne you like a little danger.
Moonspear
Envoy
178 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Last for me & we can archive!

She read Alaric's face carefully. Took in the tones in his voice. Her ears slipped back, eyes growing soft.

He didn't go into details and she wouldn't press for any. But the slight smile she gave said that she would be there, should he ever need her to listen. 

"I suppose so. But I have never been too drawn to it." She quickly changed topics, leaning on him to begin moving off. "Come walk with me to my den. Then I'll rest and I will let you get on with your day." She nudged his ear with her nose softly. 

"And thank you, Alaric. I appreciate your help today."