Kintla Flatlands Gone Fishin'
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
:D

The way she treated him wasn't abnormal, with cautionary glances and an aversion to letting the boy out of her sight. She'd always erred on the side of caution when it came to strangers, and even though Koda seemed a harmless being, Kaihra did not trust first impressions enough to override her need to step lightly around him now.

His instructions finally pleased the woman and Kaihra wasted no time in throwing the critter into its watery grave. The bug's plump body gave a gentle gurgle and she traced its drifting path to the bottom of the river, where it sunk into the silty floor.

Then came the waiting. She stood still as possible, as Koda had done before, and willed her legs to hold her like a statue, like one of the rocks that broke the river's ebb and flow. At first, she beheld little activity around the grub, but soon puny fish took to swimming back and forth along its fattened body, as if sizing up the grub with their greedy little eyes. She furrowed her brows when it seemed they'd try to take a bite, and silently urged them to go find another wolf's grub to eat.

Her gaze so intense upon the water, she started at the sight of a shimmering motion and jerked back her paw. Realizing her vital flaw, Kaihra flashed forward in a wave of desperation, snapping at the area where the fish should have been. But she knew before her jaws even hit the water that she hadn't a chance.

Useless. Kaihra cursed herself as she drew up from the river, her soggy fur prickling with the burn of having lost the kill so miserably, and in front of her packmate, at that. The fish had been right there, and she'd missed because of her foolish mistake. Lips twitching in frustration, she shot Koda a warning glance before slogging her way back to the river bank, humiliation piercing every step she took toward shore.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Gone Fishin' - by Koda - October 28, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Kaihra - October 31, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Koda - October 31, 2014, 04:52 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Kaihra - October 31, 2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Koda - October 31, 2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Kaihra - November 01, 2014, 03:20 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Koda - November 01, 2014, 10:47 PM