Wapun Meadow Honey, You're Familiar like my Mirror Years Ago
Loner
crying is okay here
54 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Sorry for dropping the ball on this one

Moss settled down quietly beside Vale, his movements slow as he sank into the grass. He nodded in acknowledgment as she signaled for quiet, understanding the need for stillness. Their gaze followed hers, tracing the dance of the tiny creatures flitting through the air, wings shimmering in the sunlight, each glint a jeweled spark against the azure backdrop.

Beautiful, he whispered, his voice barely more than a breath and filled with wonder as he watched the small beings hover and dart about.
He turned to Vale, a nostalgic smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

When I was little, I thought if you were still enough, they’d land on you, they murmured, a hint of amusement coloring their tone. Like butterflies.

A faint huff of laughter escaped him, his breath stirring the grass at his feet. He could almost see himself as a pup again, crouched low in a meadow just like this, holding his breath in the hopes that a hummingbird might choose him as a resting place.

It's funny how you think the world works when you're young.

from my rotting body flowers shall grow
Messages In This Thread
RE: Honey, You're Familiar like my Mirror Years Ago - by Moss - August 26, 2024, 08:14 PM
RE: Honey, You're Familiar like my Mirror Years Ago - by Moss - September 13, 2024, 05:39 PM