The Heartwood i had seen the submarine.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
I'm crazy sorry for the wait on this. My work schedule has been really horrible. Also, it's kind of a strange response... but you get my 100th post! <3
<style>.gaunt1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .gaunt1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .gaunt1 b {color:#f8f8f8; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .gaunt1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/gExQrZb.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .gaunt1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .gaunt1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:580px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 330px 20px; } .gaunt1-border {width:620px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

There was a split second in which the ghostly male found himself wondering if he should truly follow the stranger on her quest. The idea was simple enough; everything had life. He did not find this that difficult to believe or even understand. In fact, he was certain that he had been aware of it all along. It was the peculiar way in which she presented this reality. Her words were simple, yet the breath behind them carried so much meaning and passion that he found himself more transfixed by her than what she was saying. There was something curious about the auburn and fire-hued female. There was a compelling nature in her words.
It was this that led the hulking mass of ragged ash-colored fur to trail behind Harlyn. She sought out a particular specimen, and while Kierkegaard was not entirely a patient creature, he found himself entertained by the drive in her expression and the way in which she carried herself through the woodland. Had he been at all interested in what she was saying, he would have found the same sounds and breaths in the leaves on the ground and the branches of the trees above their heads. Instead, he lingered behind the female with very little regard for her personal space, and watched her work in an environment that was comfortable for her.
Once the two wolves had stopped, it was before the tangling roots and expansive trunk of an old tree. Kierkegaard drew his gaze upwards and peered thoughtfully at the girth of the core of said tree. The female made a move to gesture with her muzzle towards the gnarled bark before she took up the position of listening intently to the sounds of the plant-life. For a moment, Kierkegaard was more than hesitant. He was certain that he would hear nothing on the other side. Yet, if the strange female was so captivated by it, he knew that there had to be a reason. With a stiff figure, the ashen brute leaned just slightly towards the trunk of the tree and flicked his ear so that he could listen to the bark. A heavy frown had settled on his face. When the sound found him, he was not entirely surprised. And, at last, he pulled away from the rough edge of the tree without saying anything to the female… not entirely sure he could speak at all.

Messages In This Thread
i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 07:20 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 07:31 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 08:07 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 08:15 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 08:27 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 08:41 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 08:55 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 09:14 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - November 06, 2014, 09:06 AM