into the painted grey
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
I love your writing! <3

Chakra had indeed been rather elusive of late, but not out of an aversion to interacting with her own packmates. No, she had been hard to find because she had devoted herself, almost to the exclusion of all else, to patrolling and protecting Neverwinter's borders. The first several weeks of a newfound pack's existence were the most critical in terms of border security. An iron-strong presence had to be established, their boundaries strengthened and reinforced until their scents ran deep into the earth and traveled on the wind, forewarning those who would yet trespass that these lands were claimed and guarded. Chakra did not rest on her laurels and leave this work to her subordinates; rather, she personally took an active role in it, ensuring that all who came here knew that this pack was not led by a lax and lazy Alpha. She also wanted her followers to know that she worked hard to keep them safe. She was not a wolf who made promises she could not keep.

A short woof interrupted her thoughts and she quickly turned her head in the direction from whence it came. Her sharp gaze fell upon a figure cloaked in cinnamon and mocha tones, and she quickly recognized him as one of her first followers. "Scimitar," she greeted him softly, a companionable smile crossing her lips. He was a magnificent wolf, tall and strong, draped in all the splendid colors of earth and winter. Eyes of frozen seawater, so like her own, glimmered intelligently at her, ever careful to avoid lingering too long upon her face. She approached him and licked his face in greeting, her tail waving behind her. Perhaps such an intimate gesture would be regarded as strange and inappropriate among humans who had known one another for as short a time as Chakra had known Scimitar, but among wolves, packmates were friends and family, and the Alphess treated hers as such.

Scimitar greeted her politely and inquired after her, and she responded, "I am well, thank you. Neverwinter grows, as does my pride and love for what we are building together. I hope you have settled in and are finding this place to your liking?"
Messages In This Thread
into the painted grey - by Chakra - January 10, 2014, 03:12 PM
RE: into the painted grey - by Scimitar - January 11, 2014, 02:35 PM
RE: into the painted grey - by Chakra - January 11, 2014, 09:52 PM
RE: into the painted grey - by Scimitar - January 17, 2014, 10:30 AM
RE: into the painted grey - by Chakra - January 26, 2014, 04:49 PM
RE: into the painted grey - by Scimitar - January 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
RE: into the painted grey - by Chakra - February 06, 2014, 10:47 PM