Great Bear Wilderness i believe in the things that i am afraid to say.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley picked her head up slowly from the snow and gave her pelt a good shake to free it from the icey crystals that had attempted to cling to her still. When she settled her head down onto her paws and set her gaze again on the lake, it was with glassy eyes and that annoying-as-crap lump again forming in her throat. Oddly enough, the thing that came to her mind was actually little Charon from the Bay - or Small Pox as she'd dubbed him. Him and the simple question he'd asked her in the middle of the adventure they'd shared together - Why do you like fighting bears?

"Wanna know why I like fighting bears so much?" Fin said softly, "It's because I'm actually a complete coward. Taking on bears and other dangerous creatures makes me feel like I'm brave when really, I'm just pathetic." There was bitterness and anger flavoring her tone, but overall as she spoke, she just felt defeated and tired. And ashamed. So ashamed of herself, who she was, what she'd done. All of it.

"I said horrible, horrible things to Elwood," Fin admitted, her voice trembling, "Things he didn't deserve, all because I was an idiot and I ended up screwing myself over and getting hurt because of it and.. I took it out on him. I screwed up so badly. The way he looked at me..." She paused to bite her lip, fighting now to just spit the words out - to come clean, to be honest, for once.. "He's never going to forgive me, Peregrine, never," She said finally with a gentle sob as her tears began to spill freely, "I'm too much of a pathetic coward to even ask him to."

Messages In This Thread
i believe in the things that i am afraid to say. - by Finley - February 10, 2015, 10:14 AM
RE: i believe in the things that i am afraid to say. - by Finley - February 10, 2015, 12:21 PM