Arrow Lake the more i fight
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
The sigh that fell from the girl's lips was reminiscent of a sigh that might fall from a teenage girl meeting her celebrity crush — or her crush in general — for the first time face to face in which she was being paid absolute attention to. Before he had found out about all the lies he had been told, before he had been broken and remade Týrr would have felt certain guilt that he was playing such a cruel game with her, especially when she was innocent in all of this. That Týrr was long dead, had been demolished in the fires of destruction that had turned everything he had been and all that he had thought he'd been into ruin. That guilt eluded him now, for the most part. He felt guilt, or rather some semblance of it, though mostly because he would rather destroy Ragnar face to face, man to man as opposed to involving third parties. Except, Ragnar would prove to be a powerful opponent and Týrr might have him outmatched in strength and other physical attributes that Ragnar was missing, he had to first beat Ragnar at his own mental games. Ragnar was intelligent and it was the Jarl's cunning that would cut Týrr to the quick if he wasn't careful. If he became arrogant. If he slipped up; and powerful. Lest he could get Ragnar alone, far enough away from the Bay that his wolves would not retaliate or intervene he was untouchable, or so Týrr was prepared for it anyway, certain that they would rise if Ragnar called to them. He had a gravitational way to him, all one had to do was look to see how enamored his Queen Wife was with him (which might not be all that different from how Týrr felt about Tuwawi), he had stepped on her and yet she still loved him, followed him blindly.

Smaller steps were required however, and the Rekkr returned his attentions back to the Bay girl. She repeated the name, Óðinn, how strong are you now? for even as the Rekkr prepared to besmirch the name of the supposedly great Allfather no fire rained from the sky, nothing struck him dead. The Gods did not exist, and the lack of consequences only served to encouraged that thought. It took all of Týrr's might not to grind his teeth in well concealed aggravation as the girl explained that she knew the name. Of course she did. Of course Ragnar's little whore masquerading as Earl had spoken about Odin. There Thistle Cloud was again ruining everything and she wasn't anywhere near him!

He hated them, he realized. He hated them all. Ragnar. Thistle Cloud. Their pathetic excuse for a son: Gunnar. Eirikr and Gyda too, while he was at it. They had all messed up his life, even if they didn't realize they had done it. Ragnar had stolen everything from him, Thistle had exposed the lies, and their children...well it was true that none of them had ruined his life yet, but given their parentage the Rekkr would expect nothing less. While Týrr had not expected the Bay girl to know of Odin, still, he was not so ready to count this as a waste for she seemed convinced that he was actually the God. She struck him harshly with her innocence and the naivety in which she believed him (though in all fairness she had assumed he was the God first). It was almost crushing enough to make him want to change his mind. But he was an Amazon. And a Viking, and ruthless was in their blood.

“That's right,” Týrr purled at her, looking at her through lowered lids, peeking at her through his lashes, as a soft churr of a chuckle rumbled in his chest. “Just Óðinn is fine, Spectra,” He spoke demurely, shrugging off the 'god' part as if he were attempting to be modest. Týrr knew this was wrong. He who had once lived by a strict moral code of honor. There was nothing remotely princely about his intentions, arrogant by the false pretenses and hungry for her continued admiration. It was a high from the surge of hormones within him, plagued by his ferocious need for vengeance upon Ragnar. In a moment of doubt, some part of his consciousness kicked in giving the question: was he willing to step on the innocent to get to Ragnar and did that make him any better? Essentially, he had been nothing but a way to get at Quetzalcoatl. Was it fair to bring into the middle those that had nothing to do with it? Even so, he was inquisitive having never had the chance to explore the curiosity that was females or to discover his own prowess in such matters.

With morality digging it's way into his heart and mind, he was filled with trepidation, but if nothing else he was willing to play and figured since he had instigated he had no choice but to keep his charade up. For now, the Rekkr was silent, allowing her to take the lead in the conversation for the sake of wanting to play the enigma.

he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
the more i fight - by Tezcacoatl - February 08, 2015, 02:09 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Spectra - February 14, 2015, 12:53 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Tezcacoatl - February 15, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: the more i fight - by Spectra - February 20, 2015, 02:12 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Tezcacoatl - February 20, 2015, 04:10 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Spectra - February 20, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Tezcacoatl - February 20, 2015, 06:48 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Spectra - February 21, 2015, 05:37 PM
RE: the more i fight - by Tezcacoatl - February 22, 2015, 07:38 AM