Redhawk Caldera falling from high places, falling through lost spaces
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
I was kinda hoping you'd join!! <3

As invigorating as it had been to be surrounded by so many wolves, Magpie was somewhat relieved to be free of expectation and left to her own devices. If she wanted to prove herself to be a better asset to the caldera than Dove— despite her injuries— she needed to keep the promise she had given Peregrine. Hunting and tracking didn't really appeal to her (at least, not more than usual for wolf), but it would help her reach the ambitious goals she suddenly found herself with. From the edge of the caldera, she might be able to survey the land below for herd patterns— and direct the pack toward fruitful hunts, even if it would be some time before she could participate, herself.

She froze at the sound of another calling her name, a voice she didn't recognized. Magpie turned her pounding head slowly, now aware enough to know that any swift movements would only serve to make her nauseous, to inspect the wolf that approached. Others might have been unnerved by their name being called by a complete stranger, but the yearling was used to it— she was referred to as 'Magpie' for a reason, and it wasn't her true name, anyway. But that was a fact she held closely guarded.

"Hey," she offered, welcoming. If she had heard the female's name— during the previous activities or otherwise— Magpie couldn't remember it. Instead of asking and potentially a fool, she opted to simply ask, "What's up?" Her progress towards the caldera's edge was halted for the moment, but she didn't mind; perhaps she could convince this pack mate to join her, and she wouldn't be so bored just sitting and staring at prey she wouldn't be able to catch.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: falling from high places, falling through lost spaces - by OG Magpie - February 21, 2015, 10:41 PM