Redhawk Caldera falling from high places, falling through lost spaces
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie nodded her agreement; she knew that about lavender, too, and also that the scent had the ability to calm some wolves so much that they'd fall asleep. Her knowledge of medicine was more complete then Somnia's, then, thanks to her time amongst the Corvidae— she supposed they knew the importance of healing because they moved around so much, and couldn't really store herbs anywhere. She had wanted to become an outrider, but Peregrine had called them useless... and he had also said they were in need of healers. Perhaps that's what she had remembered. In any case, learning to heal would be an immediate benefit to her...

Somnia was talking about hunting for her, suddenly, and the yearling found herself bristling slightly in response. If she was a Gamekeeper, did Peregrine really need Magpie to be one? It wasn't the other female's fault— the yearling was simply competitive and ambitious— but her offer felt slightly patronizing. "I was actually going to see if there are any herds nearby," she tilted her head towards the caldera's elevated edge. "I told Peregrine I'd train to become a Gamekeeper, but... I can't really hunt right now." Magpie shrugged unhappily, but finally sighed, "It's nice of you to offer. Mind coming to get me when you do? I can at least... watch, as part of my training?"

The information her companion revealed about the previous healer brought Magpie's attention back towards that particular subject... she couldn't really explore anything outside of the caldera while she was laid up, so she had to admit training as an outrider would be possible, if not useless. Perhaps it would be better to strengthen her skills as a healer— she could always explore territories outside the caldera in search of herbs and get her scenery fix that way. "Mind if we sit and check out the current deer hotspots first?" she asked, wanting to rest her ankle, "I'd love to see if he had any stores left, later, though." It was a breath of fresh air to have a pack mate that was actually helpful, verses turning everything into a battle to be won.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: falling from high places, falling through lost spaces - by OG Magpie - February 22, 2015, 12:06 AM