Redhawk Caldera falling from high places, falling through lost spaces
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie began limping towards the caldera's edge at Somnia's agreement, motioning her to follow. She didn't quite key in on the other female's disappointment, but she had meant it when she was interested in taking a look at any left over herbs— it was just that, for right now, she was focused on earning the title of Gamekeeper as quickly as possible. It wasn't her favorite pastime, but Peregrine was making it clear that it was the only way to mend whatever had gone wrong between them. If it meant her relationship with Fox could grow without his interference, becoming a stronger hunter would be worth it.

"I can't really go too far," the yearling responded; her hind leg was still carefully carried above the ground, for her ankle still couldn't bear much weight without an insufferable amount of pain. It was reduced to a dull throb if she didn't try to walk on it. "I was going to overlook the wilderness, and see if there are any strong looking herds— if they're following any sort of pattern, too, so when the pack is ready to hunt, we'll know exactly where to go." It went without saying that she was unlikely to join in, but she could absorb all the information she could to heighten the pack's chance of success.

Before much longer, the pair reached the edge of the territory, where the caldera sloped gently upwards, then dropped down in a sharp edge. Magpie sat on the smooth incline, just close enough to the dropoff that they could see the wilderness below, and sighed in relief. It had been difficult walking this far on three legs, but she knew it was better for her than standing idle. Her green eyes surveyed the lands below, looking for the small dots that were ungulates.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: falling from high places, falling through lost spaces - by OG Magpie - February 22, 2015, 02:24 PM