Northstar Vale set your soul at ease
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
All Welcome 
In the clear zone.

She left the Creek feeling like she had let something go, but inexplicably like nothing significant had changed, either. Was this how epiphanies were supposed to feel? Perhaps grief had left her numb and her mind blank— she did not think of her lost litter, nor her brief (and passionate) reunion with Summer and how that had swiftly been shorn away, too. Those memories didn't serve her. They would only drag her back down to the depths she had so desperately and determinedly crawled out of.

Magpie was still thin and worse for wear; the scent of a pack both repelled and intrigued her. While it was true that wolves were often better off in terms of eating come winter, it was only so if they had the strength of pack. Large prey often became stuck in snowbanks, easy kills for the agile teeth of many wolves— but smaller prey, like rabbits, had the benefit of agility on lone wolves. It was she that would become stuck in too thickly laid snow.

She moved cautiously, keeping a healthy distance between herself and the thicker scent of wolves, as she continued northwards toward the coast.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
set your soul at ease - by OG Magpie - December 16, 2016, 09:51 PM
RE: set your soul at ease - by Pipit - December 17, 2016, 12:47 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by OG Magpie - December 17, 2016, 01:17 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by Pipit - December 17, 2016, 01:39 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by Larus - December 17, 2016, 03:31 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by OG Magpie - December 17, 2016, 10:35 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by Pipit - December 18, 2016, 11:42 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by OG Magpie - December 19, 2016, 09:57 PM
RE: set your soul at ease - by Larus - January 02, 2017, 03:15 AM
RE: set your soul at ease - by OG Magpie - January 02, 2017, 10:10 PM