Blackwater Islands breathe it in
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
All Welcome 
she was healing, albeit slowly. with assistance, Galateia was brought to the waters on a particularly warm morning each day. the newly named Nereid practiced strengthening her muscles, flexing them continuously within the ocean as it willed her to heal. the waters did just that for her, day by day—and though she was as of yet unable to walk without assistance, on this day Galateia would stand! 

the pearl communed with the ocean, sitting in meditative silence for many hours. The Mothers brought to her visions of her running throughout a forest, speaking to the wind and the birds, and Galateia was granted a glimpse of her future (unbeknownst to her, this was but a slither granted to her of her past). her heart was full as she thanked Her. I will walk again—I will run again! 

and in this impassioned moment, Galateia brought herself to a stand. her furs clung to her (presently) malnourished frame, but her emerald eyes were bright and full of vigor. twas her first true triumph in the battle against herself, though as she moved to take a step forward, her muscles failed her. the ocean rushed forth to collect her before she could crash against the earth, and she let out a small sigh of disappointment. but she understood; the body granted to her by The Mother needed to restore itself, and it could not be done all at once no matter how fiercely she wished it.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Messages In This Thread
breathe it in - by Deirdre - March 06, 2017, 02:54 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Whip - March 06, 2017, 03:57 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Kalika - March 06, 2017, 04:12 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Deirdre - March 06, 2017, 04:25 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Whip - March 06, 2017, 05:10 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Deirdre - March 06, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Whip - March 07, 2017, 04:32 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Deirdre - March 07, 2017, 04:58 PM
RE: breathe it in - by Whip - March 08, 2017, 09:57 AM