Morningside Cuesta sat my back to your stars and breathed in your sighs
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Things seemed to be calming down, though Day wasn't couting on the peace to last. At least they'd both listened quietly to his story, though it seemed that Dawn, at least, had either not grasped the moral he was trying to get across or had simply dismissed it. Either way, he was glad they weren't bickering anymore.

Before he could answer Dawn, Sunny hopped in with his own little speech. Day stared at him with helpless, incredulous affection, thinking that this must be what it was like for others to listen to his speeches. There were a few points he was sure Dawn would have a thing or two to say about, so he was quick to cut in as soon as Sunny was finished, hopefully waylaying his daughter's unruly temper.

"You two get that from me," he bragged, nudging Sunny in particular. "And you got my lack tact and charisma - which means we're both gonna have to work on not upsetting the ones we love. Did you know I once made Addie so mad she didn't talk to me for three whole weeks?"

He'd been chuckling before, but it died quickly at the reminder of one of his bigger social blunders. Poor Sunny had a tough road ahead of him - hopefully, he wasn't quite as much of a disaster as his father. At least the kid seemed to mean well.

Day looked to Dawn, hesitating for a moment before finally answering her question. "When you're older, it'll be natural for the two of you to go off on your own for a while - maybe even for good," he said to his daughter, stressing the first three words so that she didn't think she'd be allowed to traipse off on her own that evening. "I will be very sad to see you go, but also happy that you're finding your way, and proud of how strong and brave you are. I could never be mad at you for making a life for yourself." He gave Dawn an affectionate lick on the cheek. "But I will always be ready to welcome you back - both of you. I will always be glad to have you home. Don't ever think that, just 'cause you left, you can't turn around and come right back."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread