Blacktail Deer Plateau I just called to say I love you.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Beat. Beat. Beat.

Time seemed to slow. She heard Lavender's cheerful voice as if from underwater, and she saw Dauntless's stalk-still form with perfect, pristine clarity. The storm of breath she sucked in was loud in her ears, alongside the uneven pound of her heart, and the rush of blood in her ears. Every breath was too slow, and she needed to be certain, she need to know for sure that this wasn't her imagination.

But that scent, changed as it was, was one she would never forget. And in her mind, all she could think was that it worked. Momma smelled the flowers and came. The line she'd been about to show her siblings had succeeded in bringing their mother home. It was all she could think, but when she opened her mouth to tell them, the only think that came out was a shrill and ragged cry -

Momma!

And at once, all three were off, bounding toward the one they'd missed so much on a mess of short, gangly limbs and sharp, desperate whines. She was back - and Easy tumbled into her with a sob of pent-up longing and disbelieving joy.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
I just called to say I love you. - by Bhediya - September 10, 2017, 10:45 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Dauntless - September 18, 2017, 01:21 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Easy - September 18, 2017, 01:41 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Bhediya - September 21, 2017, 01:53 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Dauntless - September 21, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Easy - September 21, 2017, 11:16 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Bhediya - September 28, 2017, 03:26 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Dauntless - September 29, 2017, 10:57 PM
RE: I just called to say I love you. - by Easy - September 29, 2017, 11:20 PM