Hoshor Plains tinnun ⊹
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
She gave a grateful low thanks to Miereille, and when it was time to depart she would do so at the auburn and brown wolf's side. At Kukutux's words she considered them duly. Tradition was a tricky thing, and though she felt warmth buffetting her as she encountered the ways of the sunshine people when she watched Ariadne run off, the gazes of several of the assembled following her a moment of confusion flashed through her. But she nodded at the knowledge of the herbs, the assertion that a man was not needed, and at Sulukinak's question for it was true that some may never desire to take a husband and that was as much a right as the ability to take one if a wolf so chose.

Heph had no experience with husbands and was not sure what she might have to add. But she recalled walking side by side with Phox unhurried and uncaring for the destination, simply enjoying the give and take of words and silence as the waves lapped at the sand by their paws. "If there is uncertainty there's no need to rush. For a husband or a wife the right one will be willing to walk alongside you as you learn each other." And though there was tension in the air there were many bodies sitting there as well and the Heph felt a warmth there too.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy could not pretend to understand all that went on around the circle. She listened dutifully to Kukutux, filing away resources for future notice. She noted each speaker, memorizing their faces and scents even though she didn't yet know their names. And she was new here, but she felt called to speak all the same:

"I believe that there is not one single man made for each woman," Easy said, looking at Raindrop to answer her question. "With every partner, you will have to learn how best to love each other. Seek a partner who shows that he is willing and wanting to learn with you."

To the greater circle, and with Kukutux's words in mind, she said, "These are big choices, and the responsibility for the lives you bring into the world is ultimately on your shoulders. It is important to choose well. But if you don't — you will not come to ruin. Seek sisterhood when you need it. If any seek me, I will do my best to support them, and I know that I am not the only one who would do this. So don't hold yourself back in fear. Make choices you think will lead to happiness and prosperity, and do this with confidence. And know that, even if you make mistakes, your worth as a woman cannot be diminished. You will be worthy of love and care and tenderness until the very end. Please treat yourselves as such, and accept no less from those you allow close."
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Kukutux’s voice drew the women from their camps. Seal, too, heard the wise woman’s song and made her way to the gathering.

It was the first of its kind Seal had ever seen, and the feminine energy overwhelmed the young wolf with its brilliance, like how the light of a full moon illuminated a forest at night.

She recognized so many faces, though there were some new ones, too. Seal’s eyes shifted coyly between them, curious. The changing pheromones were impossible to ignore and made the young woman bashful.

Kukutux had already begun and so Seal took an open seat.

women’s secrets.

Seal listened, captivated by what the elder had to say.

a choice.

Seal’s brown eyes studied the yellow herb, her brows knit in concentration.

a caution.

Seal heard something and she caught sight of a woman crying. Suddenly, another remarked and Ariadne fled the group.

Seal’s ears pressed against her head. Worried, uncertain. Her eyes searched for Moonwoman’s expression, but a red-furred wolf caught her attention first. a woman’s pleasure! It reminded Seal of Sialuk and Elentari and…

Others continued to weigh in, each with a piece of food for thought. Seal’s expression became more open as she listened and absorbed it all.
96 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Last post.
The Blackthorn girl listened. Quiet. Attentive. Absorbing.

A place only for women. Of knowledge and secrets shared between, held close. Words not meant for the ears of a man.

Women transformed. Went through changes. Those of age, once a year. Bronte was not even an adult yet, but her time too, would one day come. Her throat squeezed a little at this. Butterfly wings tickling her stomach in uncertainty. Men would be drawn to women in these times.

She had already had the talk with her mother about the birds and the bees. It was very basic. That a man and woman together, made children. But the deeper details had been left out, such as this fire time Kukutux mentioned. 

Children were not always wanted. Moonwoman presented a herb to keep life from taking in the womb. Bronte tilted her head curiously, committing the name to memory. 

She was too young to consider taking a partner. She knew of no boys who were interested in her. Had not developed any relationships significant enough with one to consider them a prospect. 

But in choosing was no light matter. A man must be worthy for a woman's heart. Her children, home and family.

Her head spun. It was all so much. 

She would retain this new wealth of knowledge. Even as a woman in their midst with tears in her eyes, broke away from the circle. Bronte's ears slipped back, head dipping momentarily. She stayed, absorbing the voices. Remembering them. Their faces. For when her time came, when she may need them most.
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Others had spoke their peace, one had fled. 

Wasn’t this circle meant for women to gather and not be judged? To gain knowledge that some may have never received otherwise? It didn’t feel right to watch the red woman flee; but, it also wasn’t her place to follow and console.

Reina listened to the others, her tears drying. One of those who dared to share their piece—she was made of mottled smoke with fall harvest eyes—spoke words that stopped her in her tracks. 

And know that, even if you make mistakes, your worth as a woman cannot be diminished. You will be worthy of love and care and tenderness until the very end. Please treat yourselves as such, and accept no less from those you allow close.
She didn’t get the chance to choose what happened to her, but she could choose what happens now. The once fiery woman felt it kindle in her soul, a healing fire in her veins. Her life was important; it mattered. She knew what she had to do when she returned home.

For the remainder of the circle gathering, her eyes stayed glued to the herbs at Moonwoman’s feet.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Last post from me. Thanks Ebony! :D

Everything blew up around her. Right out of the blue, peace and calmness was gone, right out the window. Someone had said something that probably shouldn’t have been said. She watched the Alpha of Moonsong run out of the scene, a complete mess, another wolf began to break down prior to that, and a couple had contemplated going after the young leader. After a few minutes, she looked around in silence, then brought her eyes back to @Kukutux. She thank the Moonwoman for this gathering and the knowledge that she’d shared with them, with her, and hoped she would meet her once again. “Thank you for your words and advice, Moonwoman. I hope to see you again.” She stood, and with a bow of her head, she turned to leave.
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
ariadne fled in a flash of grief and anger. moonmother's eyes openly followed, as did those of moonglow. she too was distraught, though not so much as sister to the young moonsong wolf.

vairë did not follow.

her eyes closed in prayer.

kukutux felt the gallop of a pained heart; she turned back to the assembly.

the red woman from the sea spoke, and she thought of sakhmet, her fire-starter.

a she-wolf with a heavy accent next gave her words.

easy offered her own voice last, and to each of them did moonmother give a direct look, a nod.

"all that has been said is right. it must be your choice. you cannot be rushed. and you cannot be shamed."

she went on to offer more herbs: ones to support conception, others for pregnancy itself. more for milk, and the last for afterbirth, to ensure the mother pushed it out of her body before the birth could be said to have ended.

she spoke of spirit names. she spoke of a woman's connection to that world beyond, and how each of them must cultivate it out from under the eyes of any men.

she spoke of the taboos with which she had been raised, and warned the young women especially that any man who sought such control could not be trusted.

their circle was ended with a sharing of a howl, after which she lingered to speak with those who wanted to speak, though her eyes continued to look for ariadne.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Morningsong
First Fang*
i walk my days on a wire
173 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
her question was met with an expression upon the red woman's face that sulukinak could not name, and then she fled from the women's circle, and if sulukinak should have felt guilty for that reaction she did not. her question had not been meant to antagonize, for what that was worth.

a flurry of further conversation came and sulukinak listened as best she could to the many voices, opinions, facts, lessons - this was her first time around so many women! it would take time for the girl to understand all that was said, and maybe she would not, and maybe she would not agree either.

she did not speak again.
"Hurt any o' 'em and yer gonna 'ave me fangs at yer throat."
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Meylodi was unsure of what to say.

She'd said her piece. 

And now she waited, but the idea of an herb to stop the onset of fire-time was intriguing, and she'd have to remember it to teach to her own daughter, and of any child she was carrying. After all - Raen was a pawful, but so was Meylodi at her age. The mother couldn't keep her daughter from experiencing men, but she could teach her what to look for and what would make a suitable husband. 

The mountain woman felt odd in the conversation and thus she kept her silence - and felt like she stank of the man she'd go back to once they were done here. To her half-grown wolflings.

To the only family she had.
May you live as long as you want,
and never want as long as you live.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph listened and watched the herbs that were offered, felt compelled to take none of them yet when her own desires were still unsure. But she considered spirit names and a connection to beyond. She had never thought of someone who had a connection with a place beyond, too interested in fostering and cultivating her ability to walk those pathways that she could see and sense, but she listened all the same. Considered perhaps the silence that came over her in those times that she did not mind. When the time came she would raise her own head in a howl and then leave with the help of another.