Sequoia Coast Looking for recruits….
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
All Welcome 
Greyfalcon had left her packs territory in search of new members….
She had looked back, resisting the urge to head back now, she pushed on forward. Solvieg had given her this mission, and she intended to see it through.

She eventually got farther and farther away from the borders, and smelled a scent, very unfamiliar. Who would she run into? She thought on this, readying herself in case this scent was a friend or foe.

”Hello?” She spoke, calmly but firmly, “who are you?”
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 15, 2023, 11:09 AM)Greyfalcon Wrote:
Greyfalcon had left her packs territory in search of new members….
She had looked back, resisting the urge to head back now, she pushed on forward. Solvieg had given her this mission, and she intended to see it through.

She eventually got farther and farther away from the borders, and smelled a scent, very unfamiliar. Who would she run into? She thought on this, readying herself in case this scent was a friend or foe.

”Hello?” She spoke, calmly but firmly, “who are you?”
She spoke again? Then continued on… hoping she wasn’t being followed by wolves who didn’t mean well. She kept her nose to the air.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph had been refamiliarizing herself with the coast. Though she had, by now, traveled most of it up and down if only glancingly she found herself curious to go back to those places that had eluded her before. Slowly her mental map was becoming more and more complete, and even if she always returned to the Ocean's Breath Plateau of Moontide the coast itself began to feel more and more like home in its familiarity and in its entirety.

She happened upon the other wolf in solitude, the scent of a pack she had visited before clinging to her and was not sure she should approach. By the time the wolf gave her first greeting Heph had not decided, but upon the second realized that waiting was far ruder. Stepping forward her smile was soft. "Apologies, I was only caught breathless by how to respond to such a beautiful face. I was sure it must not be a wolf in the flesh and blood." The whispy hints of laughter in her words betrayed her, but she still nodded her head in greeting. "I'm Heph, of Moontide." 
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 19, 2023, 07:31 PM)Heph Wrote: Heph had been refamiliarizing herself with the coast. Though she had, by now, traveled most of it up and down if only glancingly she found herself curious to go back to those places that had eluded her before. Slowly her mental map was becoming more and more complete, and even if she always returned to the Ocean's Breath Plateau of Moontide the coast itself began to feel more and more like home in its familiarity and in its entirety.

She happened upon the other wolf in solitude, the scent of a pack she had visited before clinging to her and was not sure she should approach. By the time the wolf gave her first greeting Heph had not decided, but upon the second realized that waiting was far ruder. Stepping forward her smile was soft. "Apologies, I was only caught breathless by how to respond to such a beautiful face. I was sure it must not be a wolf in the flesh and blood." The whispy hints of laughter in her words betrayed her, but she still nodded her head in greeting. "I'm Heph, of Moontide." 
She had seen the wolf, she was glad that they seemed friendly. The wolf words were touching, and caught her a little bit off guard. She smiled in return, “Thank you,” she said grateful, “nice to meet you Heph, I trust all is well in Moontide?” 
Engaging in friendly conversation was a specialty, “I am Greyfalcon of Gyrfalcons keep, but you may call me Gyr.”
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
The familiar scent made sense then if this wolf was of Hljodrfell. She returned the smile. "It's lovely to meet you as well Gry." She wondered what the wolf was doing on the coast, away from her territory. It could be that both of the wolves were simply exploring, or perhaps her pack was finally going on their fact finding missions to the Salt Shores and the rest of the Moon packs. "How is Hjoldrfell?" She wanted to ask about Atka but she supposed that could wait for pleasantries about their lands more generally.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 24, 2023, 12:04 PM)Heph Wrote: The familiar scent made sense then if this wolf was of Hljodrfell. She returned the smile. "It's lovely to meet you as well Gry." She wondered what the wolf was doing on the coast, away from her territory. It could be that both of the wolves were simply exploring, or perhaps her pack was finally going on their fact finding missions to the Salt Shores and the rest of the Moon packs. "How is Hjoldrfell?" She wanted to ask about Atka but she supposed that could wait for pleasantries about their lands more generally.
She nodded, this wolf was very pleasant to speak too. “Thank you.” “The pack is doing well yet we have had some hardships, we are few in numbers though as our preistess has disappeared and Solvieg, head of the guard, has taken the helm for now.” “I am out looking for recruits by order of Solvieg.”
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
The mention that Hljodrfell's leader was missing was interesting to hear. She supposed it made sense, in that case, that the pack had not responded to their offer of trade and alliance. But it was worrying if a wolf simply went missing out of the blue. "I'm sorry to hear about your missing leader and I hope she returns to you soon." Though the pack had never accepted Moontide's offer there was no harm in telling this member that it was still on the table if they wished to go and speak with Rodyn. While not many in warriors Moontide had hunters and scouts for larger group hunts or to search farther afield for others. "If Solveig would like Moontide's help with anything the offer still stands, just send word." She doubted the skeptical warrior would take them up on it, a part of Heph understood her caution, but the other part wished for close and friendly relations to their neighbors. Especially since there was no longer the buffer of Stravanger Bay between the moon packs and Hljodrfell. 

She proffered a smile and a light laugh as the other wolf spoke of seeking members. It was a good place to do so if a difficult endeavor. "I see, I'll wish you luck in that case. The coast seems to be filled with wolves and new packs forming. Have you ever headed south towards the Great Bear Wilderness? I've come across many loners there as well." Andr was in fact one of the few true loners she had met on the coast while many of the other wolves on the coast she had come across were either from forming packs themselves or belonged to others already.

If you'd rather not have the quote at the top/repeat of last reply you can click the "New Reply" button at the top or bottom of the thread, it's fine either way just wasn't sure if you saw it :D
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 25, 2023, 09:36 PM)Heph Wrote: The mention that Hljodrfell's leader was missing was interesting to hear. She supposed it made sense, in that case, that the pack had not responded to their offer of trade and alliance. But it was worrying if a wolf simply went missing out of the blue. "I'm sorry to hear about your missing leader and I hope she returns to you soon." Though the pack had never accepted Moontide's offer there was no harm in telling this member that it was still on the table if they wished to go and speak with Rodyn. While not many in warriors Moontide had hunters and scouts for larger group hunts or to search farther afield for others. "If Solveig would like Moontide's help with anything the offer still stands, just send word." She doubted the skeptical warrior would take them up on it, a part of Heph understood her caution, but the other part wished for close and friendly relations to their neighbors. Especially since there was no longer the buffer of Stravanger Bay between the moon packs and Hljodrfell. 

She proffered a smile and a light laugh as the other wolf spoke of seeking members. It was a good place to do so if a difficult endeavor. "I see, I'll wish you luck in that case. The coast seems to be filled with wolves and new packs forming. Have you ever headed south towards the Great Bear Wilderness? I've come across many loners there as well." Andr was in fact one of the few true loners she had met on the coast while many of the other wolves on the coast she had come across were either from forming packs themselves or belonged to others already.

If you'd rather not have the quote at the top/repeat of last reply you can click the "New Reply" button at the top or bottom of the thread, it's fine either way just wasn't sure if you saw it :D
Quote: Thanks for the notice! It doesn’t bother me any so it’s fine Helps me recap what’s going on lol. My memory is rather short lived. :D
Being new she hadn’t heard of this trade offer, so it was interesting news to her. “Thank you for this offer, when I return I shall run it over with her. And yes, I do hope our priestess returns.”

“I will have to make a trip down there, who knows where my journey will take me and who I shall meet. Thank you for the suggestion Heph.” This wolf was pleasant, and she hoped to meet other wolves just as lovely to chat with. Maybe she could guide her to great bear or even travel with this wolf, if she would allow it.

“Hopefully I shall meet more wolves, you are always welcome to travel with me if you so desire.” She had thought a moment, maybe she could visit moontide in company of the beta for a bit of rest, before she headed out towards greatbear.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph smiled, her grin shifting into sly and joking. "I'm sure you'll charm all the wilds with a countenence such as yours." The wolf in front of her seemed kind, genuine, and open. Not an impossible combination, but one that made for pleasant and easy company unlike some of the pricklier dispositions Heph had come across. Of course everyone was entitled to their own way of moving about in the world but she tended to simply flee if she felt the interaction was likely to come to blows. 

A flicker of regret, she loved traveling and exploring. With the two of them it would be easier, but she had a duty to Moontide and if the other wolf did indeed travel south more to the heartland of the Great Bear Wilderness then Heph would have trouble receiving word if she needed to return. But she could bring the wolf to Moontide and to Moonglow which would be part of the way. "I'd be happy to have company on my way back to Moontide. After that I can accompany you as far as Moonglow if you'd like to visit there, but I'm afraid I can't be long gone from Moontide." Moonglow, if one made the journey quickly, was not too long an absence. And she was familiar enough with the land to make it.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(July 31, 2023, 06:59 PM)Heph Wrote: Heph smiled, her grin shifting into sly and joking. "I'm sure you'll charm all the wilds with a countenence such as yours." The wolf in front of her seemed kind, genuine, and open. Not an impossible combination, but one that made for pleasant and easy company unlike some of the pricklier dispositions Heph had come across. Of course everyone was entitled to their own way of moving about in the world but she tended to simply flee if she felt the interaction was likely to come to blows. 

A flicker of regret, she loved traveling and exploring. With the two of them it would be easier, but she had a duty to Moontide and if the other wolf did indeed travel south more to the heartland of the Great Bear Wilderness then Heph would have trouble receiving word if she needed to return. But she could bring the wolf to Moontide and to Moonglow which would be part of the way. "I'd be happy to have company on my way back to Moontide. After that I can accompany you as far as Moonglow if you'd like to visit there, but I'm afraid I can't be long gone from Moontide." Moonglow, if one made the journey quickly, was not too long an absence. And she was familiar enough with the land to make it.
Quote:I wonder how my pack is doing…. Also, Heph is really cool.
She smiled and nodded, it had been at least about two days since leaving the Keep, it would be good to meet another pack. She genuinely wondered how they were faring without her back home… and how was Solveig doing. She put this thought on the back burner and replied to the kind Beta, “Of course, I would be glad to accompany you on your way back.” She understood that the beta had duties, “We shall make haste, thank you.”
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph grinned, glad to have found a way to accompany the other wolf for some time that was agreeable to both of them. "Thank you for the company." She took a moment to scent the air, scanning the initial path in the direction of Moontide for any danger that might have crept up as they spoke. But finding the way she had come clear and easy she began heading in that direction.

The other wolf seemed accustomed to travelling quickly which made the journey enjoyable for Heph, well used to the area around Moontide. "Have you been with Hljodrfell since its founding? I remember travelling there not long after Moontide was founded and finding the land newly settled."  She was curious about her travelling companion, as she was with the pack. Atka had told her some of it, but admittedly Heph did not know much of the pack before it had reached the keep. Moontide's history she was more familiar with since she had been one of the first to join, even if she was less familiar with Moonglow, their mother pack of sorts.

awww thanks! Gyr is such a neat nickname and taking the journey in a stride :D
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(August 03, 2023, 01:19 PM)Heph Wrote: Heph grinned, glad to have found a way to accompany the other wolf for some time that was agreeable to both of them. "Thank you for the company." She took a moment to scent the air, scanning the initial path in the direction of Moontide for any danger that might have crept up as they spoke. But finding the way she had come clear and easy she began heading in that direction.

The other wolf seemed accustomed to travelling quickly which made the journey enjoyable for Heph, well used to the area around Moontide. "Have you been with Hljodrfell since its founding? I remember travelling there not long after Moontide was founded and finding the land newly settled."  She was curious about her travelling companion, as she was with the pack. Atka had told her some of it, but admittedly Heph did not know much of the pack before it had reached the keep. Moontide's history she was more familiar with since she had been one of the first to join, even if she was less familiar with Moonglow, their mother pack of sorts.

awww thanks! Gyr is such a neat nickname and taking the journey in a stride :D
Quote:Well you are most very welcome! :D Sorry for the late reply, life got crazy….You yourself are very fun to RP with.

”No,” she said, responding to the kind betas question, “I have not been with Hljodrfell for that long, I am actually fairly new.” Yet she felt at home there already as it was akin to her prior home in Canada, a connection that was ethereal in a way. She was glad to be traveling to a new pack, she loved traveling ever since she was old enough to walk on her own. The coast line nearing Moontide was beautiful, a very picturesque sea side scape. “You are very welcome, I am glad to travel with you.”

She was excited to see what Moontide would be like before heading out to Great bear, then to home if no refugees would be found.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph smiled, "It sounds like you're settling well though." She was not sure the size of the other pack, but she surmised that if they were actively recruiting and searching for wolves they might hope to grow. They might already be large and simply looking to expand their numbers, but she felt a bit skeptical at that. "Are you familiar with wolves by the names of Atka and Draven? I knew both before any of us travelled near the coast." She explained. Though she could always go and call for Atka at her own borders she felt it was a good opportunity to ask.

no worries, I'm in the middle of moving/starting classes so I'm kind of frazzled a bit! If you're good with it I can start a new thread nearer Moontide in my next post?
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(August 09, 2023, 03:18 PM)Heph Wrote: Heph smiled, "It sounds like you're settling well though." She was not sure the size of the other pack, but she surmised that if they were actively recruiting and searching for wolves they might hope to grow. They might already be large and simply looking to expand their numbers, but she felt a bit skeptical at that. "Are you familiar with wolves by the names of Atka and Draven? I knew both before any of us travelled near the coast." She explained. Though she could always go and call for Atka at her own borders she felt it was a good opportunity to ask.

no worries, I'm in the middle of moving/starting classes so I'm kind of frazzled a bit! If you're good with it I can start a new thread nearer Moontide in my next post?
Quote:Yeah, sounds good to me! No worries on my end, school and moving can be chaotic. Thank you. I will be off camping for two days starting tomorrow, I’ll be back on the 14th. So do you wanna wait till after that?

“I am,” she nodded, she knew one of the names, namely Dreven. That was really cool that Heph had known them beforehand, “Yet I’m not familiar  with Atka.” She knew the pack was small, a pack of only eight… speaking of new additions, she thought of Solveig and her pups, how were they? She wondered. The smell of the sea air allured her, they must have been nearing Moontide….