Hoshor Plains Feather's Fall Not Fly
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Limit Two 
Heph travelled to the edge of the hunting grounds, unusual for her to seek out solitude when so many gathered and yet the pain wore on her wakefulness more than anticipated and it was difficult to sleep with the sound of so many others. She splayed out on a slight rise and allowed herself to observe. Raventhorpe had sent Rusalka, and no others, she might have thought it odd but she was in no state to journey fully even to their new territory nearby on the plateau so she supposed she might venture those questions later.

@Greyfalcon
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Heph dateline='[url=tel:1705772935' Wrote: 1705772935[/url]']
Heph travelled to the edge of the hunting grounds, unusual for her to seek out solitude when so many gathered and yet the pain wore on her wakefulness more than anticipated and it was difficult to sleep with the sound of so many others. She splayed out on a slight rise and allowed herself to observe. Raventhorpe had sent Rusalka, and no others, she might have thought it odd but she was in no state to journey fully even to their new territory nearby on the plateau so she supposed she might venture those questions later.

@Greyfalcon
Quote::D

She herself, had been at the edges of territory, when a familiar scent picked up wind. It was quite the journey to this hunt, she was unaware of…. Until it was known.

She followed the scent, then she saw a dark relaxed figure among a small rise. Walking up slowly, greeting the woman. “Heph?” She said aloud, “is that you?” The feeling of a happy familiarity, was this indeed the woman she spoke with moons before? When the keep was the home of now Raventhorpe?

If this was her, she looked so…. tired and worn. As if she fought a fight she barely won.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"Greyfalcon! Yes, it's me! It's so good to see you." The familiar sight and the call of her old friend broke her out of her daze and she grinned replying eagerly. A whoosh of air escaped her before she could make a joke.

She tried to rise to greet the other wolf but her head spun and a sharp ache in her side had her faltering back on her side. "Ach. Sorry, it is good to see you." She said a wry smile on her lips at her own inability to rise.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
“Likewise!” She noticed the happy expression on her dear friends face, yet this was quickly replace by a slight grimace of pain, she trotted closer and assisted her back down, “What happened, you seem unwell….?” She didn’t want to pry too much, “If you’re comfortable sharing that is.”

Was she injured? Sick? However, she’d be willing to stay and sat down beside her. A compassionate, yet pleased look on her face. A small reunion of two.
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"On the hunt a bison rammed me in the shoulder. The healers patched me up and gave me something for the pain but it's wearing off and I think the rush of the hunt is starting to leave me." She gratefully accepted the help back down, shaking her head, she did not mind sharing, though perhaps her friend would feel less confident with Heph as a hunting partner hearing the news. Still she wished to share what had happened, and was curious why Raventhrope had not sent more.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(February 03, 2024, 02:57 PM)Heph Wrote: "On the hunt a bison rammed me in the shoulder. The healers patched me up and gave me something for the pain but it's wearing off and I think the rush of the hunt is starting to leave me." She gratefully accepted the help back down, shaking her head, she did not mind sharing, though perhaps her friend would feel less confident with Heph as a hunting partner hearing the news. Still she wished to share what had happened, and was curious why Raventhrope had not sent more.
She was shocked, “oh my, I’m glad you’re patched up,” she continued, “leaving you? How so?” She knew Heph was a strong woman, however she wondered for her hunting skills and how long she would be down. Perhaps, if need be she could accompany her back to the Moonpack’s plateau. 

“I’m sure you’ll be back on your feet in time, hopefully not too much time.” She didn’t see her as someone who liked to stay down for long, much like herself.

Happy to help her back down, she shifted then sat beside her. She wondered about the hunt… If Rusalka was there, then was anyone else? She had no idea. 

“Was Rusalka there? I hardly recall being notified of the hunt….” She pondered this…. Was she really that behind.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph shrugged "Oh just the excitement's and nervous energy is fading, at least until I get to my feet again." Adrenaline did have a tendency to give way rather quickly but it was not something she concerned herself with it. "I hope so too, I'm not the best patient!" She was not the best at staying down though she wanted to recover quickly which meant she would most likely have to curtail at least some of her travelling.

At the question she nodded. "Yes Rusalka was there, I didn't see Thyra or Solveig though." She added, Thyra had mentioned it might be difficult for them to gather. Perhaps another time the wolves of Raventhorpe would be hunting partners. Though Heph had not been aware Tamar had also come, but she was not familiar with the former Epoch wolf.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
“Ah, I see. That’s understandable my friend.” She knew it, and she herself could understand such feelings of restlessness, it’s just one’s nature.

She understood it well. As she often felt that way. “Ah, so he was there. I had a feeling he would be. He has been coronated to king you know, second only to Solveig who has been at the helm since….” It hurt her slightly to think about it, though she didn’t know that woman that had vanished. “Asvoria, our high priestess left years ago when we were of the keep. I was supposed to meet her upon my first arrival, to be initiated as one under the eyes of the old gods, yet I never received my initiation name.”

She was a good friend of Solveig, and knew that it was harder on her since she was her right hand. She wondered if she should confront Sol about this.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"Wow that is impressive." She had to admit she had heard Rusalka had done well on the hunt but had not had much of a chance to interact with the wolf. But Solveig had struck her as competent and she did not imagine it was a title bestowed lightly.

She tilted her head at the mention of Asovoria, remembering when Thyra had told her. "I heard, I'm sorry she has not been found. Are there any other priestesses who might help you?" She asked, Moonwoman after all was a title that was capable of being passed. But she did not know if their high priestesses were a title that could also be moved from one wolf to the next. Perhaps if Atka had still been there, perhaps Thyra. But she did not know the inner workings of Raventhorpe well enough to say.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
88 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
“Yes, he is a good devoted leader,” she said, the lifted her head back up to face Heph. “Thank you, I’m sure she was a wonderful woman.” She continued, “No, I am afraid there are no longer any priestess’ left….” She knew that Solveig was second under Asvoria, so maybe she should talk with her. In fact, she would make a point of it after she went home. 

“Anyways, it appears to be getting quite late, shall I walk you partway home?” She would put the invitation out there, whether or not Heph would take it was not up to her. She felt comforted by the presence of such a familiar face. :)
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"Just back to the camp would be more than enough thank you. And I wish you luck with your initiation." Heph felt better for having been able to see her friend from Raventhorpe at the hunt even if not at the event itself. And though it was difficult for the wolf to admit she was grateful for the help when she needed it, she was used to being independent and it felt strange to need assistance but she was glad to have those around her to lean on all the same.

ty! <3