Moonspear of life that keeps me alive
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Joining 

The days that followed his attempted assassination had been but a blur to the former Alpha. Had anything significant occurred between the moment that he had fallen to Vaati's ambush and the present, he would have had no recollection. His consciousness had been shoddy at best, as he occasionally had woken-up to take whatever medicine that Lyra provided, but, even in these moments Rannoch barely grasped what was going on. 

On the sixth morning of his stay, Rannoch stirred slowly. Today, it seemed, was off to a better start than the others had been. But even with the small victory that was him overcoming his insensate state, the male still had a ways to go on the road to his recovery. 

The natural progression in his awakening brought him to his next step: attempting to move. This task, as simple as it may have been, seemed impossible to Rannoch; his attempt to lift his head told him this. He was met with an unpleasant sting to the tender flesh of his neck, and as quickly as he had risen, he fell again, realizing that something had gone horribly wrong. The jolt of pain also made him acutely aware of the fatigue that plagued him and the soreness that had settled in his bones. For now, it seemed, he would have to make due with laying his head on the floor and survey the den from an ant's perspective. 

Even in his fatigued state, Rannoch knew he wasn't at the Vale; the familiar pack scent that was almost entirely masked by the smell of herbs told him this. In addition to this observation, the absence of Liffey's scent was alarming. In his coming to consciousness, she had been his third thought after the initial wondering of his location and the realization that he was injured. Though thoroughly confused by every realization that had struck him in the short time since he had woken, Rannoch did his best to remain calm. But even in Rannoch's attempt to put on his bravest face, the apparent worry in his expression betrayed his best effort.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
of life that keeps me alive - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 11, 2017, 01:53 PM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Charon - September 12, 2017, 03:43 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 12, 2017, 08:30 PM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Charon - September 14, 2017, 07:39 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 15, 2017, 12:31 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Charon - September 18, 2017, 03:44 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 19, 2017, 08:29 PM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Charon - September 20, 2017, 02:08 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 20, 2017, 04:39 PM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Charon - September 22, 2017, 04:22 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 25, 2017, 08:16 AM
RE: of life that keeps me alive - by Charon - September 28, 2017, 02:33 AM