Moonspear boys doin' the twist.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Even though Liffey did not speak, Rannoch caught her nonverbal prompt to elaborate. He swallowed strenuously, unsure of where to begin his long-awaited proposal. As he attempted to arrange his jumble thoughts into comprehensible sentences, Rannoch studied Liffey's face. She was gorgeous, that much he had always been aware of, but for whatever reason, her beauty was all the more stunning at that moment. Finding logic was all the more difficult for Rannoch given how distracted her felt by Liffey's grace. 

With his heart racing, Rannoch opened his mouth to speak. "Can I call you Liffey Frostfur from now on?" he blurted, his face falling in horror as he realized how ungraceful that had come across. He had been practicing his dialogue for his engagement for quite some time, and even his roughest versions had never been that bad. His ears flattened, and he ducked his head with evident embarrassment. But even with his crippling fear of his messing it all up, he knew that he had to continue. 

"I-I mean," he stammered as he attempted to realign the proposition, "Well, that's what I meant, but, I wanted it to sound a lot better than that," he admitted nervously, his words ending as he bit down on his lower lip. Fuck, why were words so hard

In an attempt to calm himself, Rannoch exhaled slowly, and he reached forward to nudge her cheek. With his nose pressed against the pale fur, he inhaled and felt instant comfort in her scent. "I've loved you for so long, and it only feels right that we take this next step," he admitted, speaking into her fur as his nerves began to calm. He pulled away then, his expression soft as he attempted to gauge how she was taking all of this.  "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and the most constant source of love in my life, and I'd do anything for you. I want to keep you in my life, and I want you to be my wife." They had never really titled their relationship before, but, this felt right to Rannoch. In case she wondered, he added, "I asked your parents about this a while back, and I got their blessing," he smiled at the memory, recalling the way in which Finley had received it. She hadn't been shy about her feelings about him. 

Feeling much more comfortable in his dialogue, he admitted, "I was going to do this in a much fancier way, but, we were talking about our future together, and you looked so gorgeous, and it felt, well, perfect... that is, until I messed it up." He chuckled, his face hot.

And with his feelings out there, all Rannoch could do was wait. Though he was confident, there was still a feeling of nervousness he felt, knowing that she could reject him there and then.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
boys doin' the twist. - by Liffey - October 06, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 08, 2017, 11:42 AM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Liffey - October 08, 2017, 07:48 PM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 09, 2017, 09:03 PM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Liffey - October 11, 2017, 11:08 AM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 12, 2017, 03:48 PM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Liffey - October 14, 2017, 09:03 AM
RE: boys doin' the twist. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 18, 2017, 05:58 PM