Blackfeather Woods all my friends are dead, push me to the edge
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She noses the pup as he speaks, unable to find any scent save the faded, thick musk of skunk. She doesn't believe that he simply found the pup wandering, or at least far outside of a pack's borders. The sudden ability to protect, to have a hand in another fate and shield them, has her act kindly towards the pup she otherwise would have ignored should situations have differed, allowing it to seek shelter under her. She gazed at him, fire returning to her gaze now that it had purpose. "Did you save me then, too?" she hissed bitterly, under her breath, slipping to her haunches on the cold stone and allowing the child to huddle feebly against her chest. 

To his chiding question, she hisses only, "A child is not a gift."  She wants him to put it back wherever he found it, but doesn't know where that is, or if he would simply leave it somewhere to die. She doesn't want to believe him capable of this, the boy that protected her once. She does not recognize that his protection is not born of moral righteousness, but rather possessiveness. She has no idea how to care for a child, nor does she want to, but no matter how much she tries to push it down, there is gratefulness in her. Vaati has given her cause and companionship, though he likely doesn't know it. She is becoming twisted, emotions misleading and any act of kindness magnified. She is silent, the fire within her only beginning to smoulder again, stare hardening and meeting the cold blue of Vaati.
Messages In This Thread
all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - by Vaati - October 08, 2017, 02:34 PM
RE: all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - by Cassiopeia - October 08, 2017, 05:56 PM