Redhawk Caldera Once again I must part
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Leave it to god damn Elwood to be all calm about this. Fin felt his touch upon her shoulder and gave him a look that clearly said BUT I DON'T WANNA BE NOT MAD. The pair's words that they had not known about the growing tension between the Caldera and Blackfeather did nothing to settle her frustration with their decision to leave. In fact, it only upset her more as it meant they had been more disconnected from the pack than she'd previously thought. Fin was a force to be reckoned with when angered, but it usually resolved itself in one of two ways - complete destruction for those guilty of riling her, or meek submission to the ever even-tempered will of her mate.

Good thing Sebastian hadn't called just her.

Her ears flattened against her head as her gaze darkened and she shifted her eyes down to the grass at their feet, effectively subdued though not a single word had been spoken directly to her by her mate. Sebastian was quick to decide that the news of the coming war changed their plans, offering to join the ones who wouldn't be participating in the fight. Her immediate reaction was to refuse them; after all, it was evident that they would not be playing the parts she had expected of them. But Elwood's touch was never just a one and done - it lingered, tempering any other potential flare ups. She remained stony-faced and silent, allowing her mate to carry the conversation.

Another Finley, one with far less at stake in this conflict, would not have been upset. That Finley might have even been glad to bid her friends farewell before the fight, because it would mean that they would be away from this all where it was safe. But the fight was for the safety of her family, and so she found herself unforgiving of anyone who would not risk everything to protect them as she fully intended.

It did give her a thought though, but that's for later.

Messages In This Thread
Once again I must part - by Sebastian - November 23, 2017, 05:00 AM
RE: Once again I must part - by Finley - November 24, 2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Once again I must part - by Andalusia - November 27, 2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 08:53 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Sebastian - November 29, 2017, 09:35 AM
RE: Once again I must part - by Finley - November 30, 2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Elwood - December 13, 2017, 01:04 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Sebastian - December 17, 2017, 03:29 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Finley - December 19, 2017, 08:22 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Elwood - December 27, 2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Once again I must part - by Sebastian - December 29, 2017, 12:16 PM