Blacktail Deer Plateau baby bear
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday sort of wished the other had not arrived, but he wouldn't send her away, either. He'd been about to lecture Raid on being more social, so he couldn't exactly request privacy right then. Besides, he'd not met Kaevo before, and he didn't want her first impression of him to seem mean or closed-off.

Still - he could not say the words he'd meant to. I know it's difficult, but you're part of this, now. Or, who else have you met? Is there anything I can do? He was not above making himself her best friend, and forcing her to spend time with him and his family. But he was a busy wolf, and he wanted Raid to relax already. He had a feeling she wouldn't be able to when he was constantly surrounded by all the others. Perhaps it was fortuitious that Kaevo should join them afterall.

"I can't see," he said to the girl at her question, his words neither pointed nor bitter. Maybe she'd been talking to Raid? He couldn't tell, but began to lead the way toward the borders, working over the best way to do this in his head. "I'm glad to finally meet, you, Kaevo. I'd heard about you joining, but I've been busy, lately - " Busy with Catori - "I guess that's no excuse," he said with a little laugh. "Normally, we assign a mentor to new joiners, but I think that might've been skipped over, since it was my son-in-law who met you at the borders, and not one of the leaders." He turned his blind head in Raid's direction, unable to read her expression, but hoping his own would say enough for the both of them. "Raid, do you think you could take charge of showing Kaevo around, and making sure she settles in?" There. That was work as well as friendship. He wondered if Raid would resent him for putting her in this position, but had already decided that it needed to be done.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
baby bear - by Raid - January 09, 2018, 03:46 PM
RE: baby bear - by Grayday Sr. - January 09, 2018, 11:27 PM
RE: baby bear - by Raid - January 10, 2018, 03:36 PM
RE: baby bear - by Kaevo - January 11, 2018, 06:29 AM
RE: baby bear - by Grayday Sr. - January 12, 2018, 10:57 PM
RE: baby bear - by Raid - January 13, 2018, 03:53 PM
RE: baby bear - by Kaevo - January 18, 2018, 07:22 AM
RE: baby bear - by Grayday Sr. - January 20, 2018, 01:56 PM
RE: baby bear - by Raid - January 24, 2018, 05:14 PM